Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams SWOT analysis: Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream is an American brand of ice cream. It was launched in 1978. The brand, currently controlled by Unilever was created by two young men who were from New York Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In addition to ice creams, Ben & Jerry’s also sells yogurt and sorbet.
The brand is well-known for its sundaes. Some of its most popular flavors comprise Vermonster as well as Chubby Hubby which are monster sizes sundaes that contain fruits, ice cream, and nuts. Ben & Jerry’s has also gained a spot in heart of its consumers for standing up to diverse social and political issues, including nuclear disarmament gay marriage, and child abuse.
The business has also taken care to make social service and philanthropy an integral aspect of its model of business and every effort has been taken in ensuring that the company contributes a significant amount to the society it is an integral part of.
Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams fun facts: Founders Ben Cohen & Jerry Greenfield met in 7th grade gym class in Long Island in 1963. They were the two slowest kids in class.
About Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams – SWOT analysis of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams
Company: Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Holdings Inc.
CEO: Matthew McCarthy
Founder: Ben Cohen | Jerry Greenfield
Year founded: May 5, 1978
Headquarters: South Burlington, Vermont, United States
Annual Revenue: USD$734 Million
Profit | Net income: USD$170 Million
Number of employees: 1,310
Products & Services: Ben & Jerry’s super-premium ice cream | Greek frozen yogurt | Frozen yogurt | Sorbet | Ice Cream
Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams Competitors
Competitors: Cold Stone Creamery | Blue Bell Creameries | BASKIN-ROBBINS | Graeter’s | Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams | Kemps | Ledo Kft | Wells Enterprises
SWOT analysis of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams – Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams.
Let’s talk about Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams’ SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams – Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams SWOT analysis
- The quality of the ice cream: Ben And Jerry have committed to its quality of ice creams that are made with natural and healthy ingredients. Ice creams, therefore, are fresh and taste natural.
- The concept of social consciousness is: The company is committed to various social causes, including their Save our Swirled campaign which is aimed at doing it however, they are also doing it to combat global warming. They also support as well as their Ben & Jerry’s foundation which contributes 7.5 percent of their revenue to charity organizations around the globe.
- Innovative thinking: The business has always been ahead of the curve and has an idea to create outstanding ice creams is not limited to looking at trends of the market in the present but also new trends to come. The company can define a price for every one of its brands, following which they expand it through its product offerings.
- Culture of work: The working environment at Ben & Jerry’s is that of a relaxed workplace. The company makes sure to ensure plenty of relaxation at work and invests in their employees, ensuring that employees receive the highest quality education and pay packages.
- Creativeness: What makes Ben and Jerry different from their competitors is that they approach everything in a distinctive style. From the names of their popular products such as Tonight Dough, Chunky Monkey, Americone Dream, etc to their social media channels and marketing campaign, the company has always kept a distinct design for its products.
- Cultural Awareness: Ben & Jerry has made use of its ice creams as bridges between the gap between cultures and to communicate important messages to the world of socio-culture. Certain of their campaigns, like the Empowerment Campaign as well as their Save the world video campaign are a reflection of this belief.
Weaknesses of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams – SWOT Analysis Of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams
- The presence in Unilever: After Ben & Jerry was taken over by Unilever the company with an identity that was it’s own could lose its distinctness since it may be absorbed by the corporate culture of the company.
- Very low pervasiveness: Ben & Jerry does not have a presence outside of the USA or the UK. The brand, which is extremely popular in these areas could become larger and more effective should they decide to expand to other countries.
- Balance: Ben And Jerry was always a socially-conscious company and it allocates 7.5 percent of its earnings towards charitable causes. In the long term, the viability of this plan is a question, especially as the world’s west suffers from the effects caused by this global economic recession.
- Low Diversity: Ben & Jerry is committed to addressing various social issues, including gender and the diversity of racial groups. However, their workplace doesn’t encourage racial equality since there is only 3 percent of employees from other races, while 97 percent of their employees are Caucasians. There are also concerns concerning the poor wages offered to those employed by the company.
Opportunities of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams – Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams SWOT analysis
- Massive market potential: Ice cream is a massive market and is expected to reach $97,301 million in 2023, with an annual average growth of 3 percent. A majority of the growth will focus on emerging economies such as India as well as China in which Ben & Jerry are yet to establish their presence.
- Concentrate on sugar-free: Consumers today are becoming more conscious of the harmful consequences of sugar, and prefer sugar-free or sugar-free versions of treats and sweets. This is a new area for ice cream makers to concentrate on.
Threats of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams – SWOT analysis of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams
- Competitors: Ben & Jerry face lots of competition from Hagen Dasz and Pillsbury.
You May Also Like:
- Kotak Mahindra SWOT Analysis
- TNT SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of TNT
- Berkshire Hathaway SWOT Analysis
- Bulgari SWOT analysis – SWOT Analysis of Bulgari
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts SWOT analysis
Overview Template of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams SWOT analysis
All in all Ben and Jerry’s is and has been on the road to success. Although they have not yet branched out to the majority of the world yet they most definitely have the potential to do so. Even with more and more people becoming more conscious about their health and can always see the market has plenty of room for a company such as Ben and Jerry’s if they wish to target a wider market they should invest some time into making some healthier options.
This is the SWOT analysis of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.