Hummer Marketing Mix: Hummer is a subsidiary of General Motors. It is involved in the automobile sector and deals with the manufacturing and distribution of trucks and SUVs. The company was established in 1992. It went bankrupt in May 2010. Hummer was a vehicle with strong emotional appeal and a feeling of preparedness and ability to handle any situation. Hummer vehicles were only affordable for some, but only a few could afford them.
Marketing Mix Of Hummer
Marketing Mix Of Hummer is brand-based. In Marketing Mix Of Hummer, We will Learn About the four key elements of Marketing Mix: products, place, price, and Promotions. By paying attention to the following four components of the marketing mix, a business can maximize its chances of a product being recognized and bought by customers. We will be discussing Hummer Marketing Mix. Below is the detailed Marketing Mix of Hummer.
Let’s talk about Hummer Marketing Mix.
Hummer Main Competitors
- Mercedes G-Class
- Land Cruiser
- Land Rover
Hummer official website: www.gmc.com
Product in the Hummer Marketing Mix:
General Motors was awarded a contract by the United States Army and developed a prototype vehicle to meet their needs. The company later launched a civilian version under the Brand Hummer. It was a brand that provided all-terrain, tough and sturdy vehicles. Its main assets were its iconic designs and durability. These models are available under the portfolio Hummer model:
- Hummer H1- This was the first Hummer vehicle to be launched. The company had been selling Humvees to the military, so they decided to make a civilian version. All mechanical components remained the same. The first model, H1, was released in 1992. It featured upgraded upholstery, sound insulation, and air conditioning.
- Hummer H2- This was the second Hummer vehicle and came in two versions, H2 SUT or SUV. These vehicles were seen on the consumer market in 2002 and 2009. The modified H1 version of trucks was slimmer, longer, and lighter.
- Hummer H3 – This was an off-road and sports-utility vehicle launched in 2005 and 2010. These were the most petite models available and were offered in twin versions, H3T or H3.
- Hummer HX- This concept vehicle was smaller than the other models. The Hummer HX was a two-door off-road vehicle introduced in 2008 called the “HX.”
- Plug-in hybrid – This prototype was unveiled in 2009 and featured features such as E-REV powertrains and 4-cylinder engines.
Place in the Hummer Marketing Mix:
Hummer was American-born, and its headquarters were in Detroit, Michigan, in the United States. It began operations to produce its first vehicle, H1, at the Mishawaka assembly plant in Indiana. It manufactured H3 models at Struandale in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. In 2005, Shreveport in, Louisiana, opened another plant. A 2006 plant was opened at Avtotor, Russia. In markets such as the United States, Europe, and Australia, Hummer vehicles were readily available. By 2006, Brand had established a robust distribution system dependent upon its dealers. These were formed through alliances and partnerships with thirty-five countries. They were easy to access.
Price in the Marketing Mix Of Hummer:
The Hummer brand was created to cater to customers who believed in Hummer’s ruggedness and durability. These products were not intended to be used as a standard mode of transport but as luxury goods that could provide extra safety under challenging conditions. The Hummer’s special features made it more expensive than other similar-sounding vehicles. As it realized that potential customers would be willing to pay more for high-end products, the Brand decided to adopt a premium pricing strategy.
Promotions in the Hummer Marketing Mix:
Hummer’s strong aura helped to popularize its brand image. The tagline was “Like Nothing Else,” and it was self-descriptive. Hummer vehicles were a favorite of Arnold Schwarzenegger, an American actor, and governor of California. Rod Hall, an offroad racer and leader of the Hummer racing team, started it in 1993.
Robby Gordon, H3, participated in Dakar Rally. The positive image of the Brand that portrayed it as being safe for all-terrain was what made it so famous. Trucks are featured in billboard advertisements and commercials. Hummer had an official website that provided information about specifications, warranties, and service details to interested parties.
This is the Marketing Mix Of Hummer. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”bubbles” wrap=”i”] Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.