Indigo SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Indigo: Indigo is an airline company with its headquarters in Gurgaon, Haryana, Indigo claims to be a low-cost airline. Indigo was founded as a private company in 2006 under the leadership of Rahul Bhatia. Indigo was publicly listed in 2009.
In addition to flights domestically to numerous cities in Tier 1 as well as Tier 2 cities across India, Indigo also flies to international destinations such as Dubai, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangkok, Kathmandu, and Sharjah in addition to Doha. Indigo is India’s biggest passenger airline, and, in the year 2018, it had an overall percentage of the market of 39.9 percent.
The company has an aircraft fleet of 161 which flies to 42 local and eight international destinations. The company had annual revenue of 2.5 billion USD and has more than 12,362 people. It has also been honored consecutively for 8 years with various surveys from rating companies as being among India’s top workplaces to work.
Indigo fun facts: IndiGo has a fleet size of 224 aircraft, which is considered one of the largest fleet sizes in India.
About Indigo – SWOT analysis of Indigo
Company : Interglobe Aviation Limited
CEO: Rono Dutta
Founder: Rahul Bhatia | Rakesh Gangwal
Year founded: 2006
Annual Revenue: US$2.1 billion
Profit | Net income: US$344 million
Number of employees: 23,711
Products & Services: Baggage Allowance | Ticket Modification | Check-in Options | Flight Delays & Cancellations | Pre-paid Baggage | Infants Travel | Travel Certificate | Add-on Services
SWOT analysis of Indigo – Indigo SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Indigo is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Indigo evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Indigo’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Indigo.
Let’s talk about Indigo’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Indigo – Indigo SWOT analysis
- Positive Image: IndiGo is able to create an image as the most efficient low-cost operator, not just within India’s national industry but also worldwide. The image of a cheap service provider that is high-end has led to it becoming the preferred choice for frequent travelers.
- Service: Indigo offers a broad range of services, including multichannel direct sales, multi Channel Direct sales, online booking of flights, and round-the-clock support for customers via airport counters and call centers as well as online flight status check as well as an easy-to-use IndiGo application available for Android and other platforms.
- High stakeholder involvement: Through a robust user interface Indigo makes sure it stays on top of customer demands and communicates with each customer regularly. Indigo also is a top performer in terms of satisfaction among employees and is consistently named as one of India’s top places to work.
- Highly driven employees: Indigo is a comfortable and easy workplace and this has meant that they have an exceptionally driven and motivated workforce. Indigo has established the i-fly facility, where fresh employees are provided with complete, in-real-time training on how to give the highest quality customer services. It is regarded as the top training facility in this field. Furthermore, it also ensures that employees have the benefits of a stressful-free atmosphere and a healthy lifestyle balance.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative of the airline known as IndiGoReach has been involved in a number of initiatives to enhance the wellbeing and well-being of women, children empowerment, and environmental protection. Their social work is not only in cities but also in remote areas as well.
- Fleet Strategy: The fleet strategy of Indigo has always been centered on making sure that the fleet’s average will be in service for four years. Indigo has also made sure that it buys the fleet for that is less than what a vendor could sell the vehicles for. This has allowed the airline to keep its costs low for a long time.
Weaknesses of Indigo – SWOT Analysis Of Indigo
- Maintaining profits: Indigo is positioned as an affordable carrier, and therefore the pricing for airlines needs to be kept as affordable as can be controlled. In the same way, the cost of operations must be kept as low as is feasible. But Indigo has been not able to maintain its profit in a consistent manner, and this could be a negative for the business.
- Dependence on volume: In order to sustain profit, the business had to ensure that quantities were never low and that the businesses were not adversely affected by fluctuation of market demand. That means that the company must ensure that the right measures are taken to ensure constant volumes. This required additional expenditure.
- A grounding decision for planes: After the safety of Pratt & Whitney aircraft became doubtful and the Civil Aviation Authority had to take a decision to shut down these aircraft, which are that were owned by Indigo. This incident damaged the trust and goodwill of the client.
Opportunities of Indigo – Indigo SWOT analysis
- The demand for foreign travel: There’s an increase in the number of individuals who live in India who have to travel to other countries for pleasure and business. This suggests that there is an enormous possibility for airlines to expand their reach to more international destinations.
Threats of Indigo – SWOT analysis of Indigo
- Competitors: The airline faces much competition from companies like Jet Airways, Indian Airlines, Air India, Singapore Airlines, etc.
- Costing: The most important element of the cost of an airline is the fuel which is extremely volatile and adjusting the cost according to the dynamic of the fuel prices, is a risk now and in the near future.
You May Also Like:
- Macy’s SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Macy’s
- Under Armour SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Under Armour
- Hollister SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Hollister
- Schneider Electric SWOT analysis
- Wrangler SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Wrangler
Overview Template of Indigo SWOT analysis
IndiGo Airlines is a premium airline with high service quality and operated globally through strategic alliances. Despite some ups and downs to date, the company has received overall good customer feedback. Many passengers praise the various onboard services and other perks offered to regular customers.
This is the SWOT analysis of Indigo. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.