Lululemon Athletica SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Lululemon Athletica: Lululemon Athletica is a popular brand of athletic and sports clothing based in Canada. The company was founded in the year 1998, in Vancouver Canada with a plan to market sportswear in all categories in Canada today has an operation all over the globe.
The company develops its own merchandise and sells the merchandise through retail outlets. The company is able to operate through direct retail outlets, as well as corporate stores. It has more than 406 stores across the world, including those in the United States, Canada, Australia and Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Germany, Puerto Rico, and Switzerland. The company produces clothes, pants, shirts, shorts, and shoes for yoga, athletics as well as other sports.
They also produce accessories for drinking bottles, and water bottle mats and bags for sporting activities. Although their products are made for women, men, and children, their most sought-after items are geared toward females. The company earned an income that was USD 57.3 million for the March quarter of 2018.
Lululemon Athletica fun facts: The Lululemon Was A Yoga Studio When It First Started
About Lululemon Athletica – SWOT analysis of Lululemon Athletica
Company: Lululemon Athletica inc.
CEO: Calvin McDonald
Founder: Chip Wilson
Year founded: 1998, Vancouver, Canada
Headquarters: Vancouver, Canada
Annual Revenue: USD$4.4 billion
Profit | Net income: USD$2.46 billion
Number of employees: 19,000
Products & Services: Athletic wear | Yoga pants | Shorts | Sweaters | Jackets and undergarments | Hair accessories | Bags | Personal care products
Lululemon Athletica Competitors
SWOT analysis of Lululemon Athletica – Lululemon Athletica SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Lululemon Athletica is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Lululemon Athletica evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Lululemon Athletica’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Lululemon Athletica.
Let’s talk about Lululemon Athletica’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Lululemon Athletica – Lululemon Athletica SWOT analysis
- The Product High-Quality: The products from Lululemon Athletica are of the highest quality and are ideal for yoga and any other exercise, regardless of stretch, texture material type, and quality. The products are specially designed in keeping the demands of the intended market in mind.
- Niche Market strategy: Lululemon Athletica has focused on catering to sportswear and specializes in items for running, training, and yoga. With the increasing number of customers becoming more aware of fitness, there’s an immense market in this area and it has helped the company get an established position within this market niche.
- A rise in the significance of yoga: Yoga has been a popular concept, and all over the globe, many people are practicing yoga regularly. Lululemon Athletica has a lot of merchandise that meets the specific requirements of yoga instructors such as yoga mats loose and comfortable pants, and free-movement shirts and tops.
- Fashionable and trendy: The designs of Lululemon Athletica are made from special fabrics that absorb sweat and are comfortable to wear which will suit most fitness requirements. Additionally, the clothes are stylish and fashionable and are in keeping with the gender. For instance, women’s tops are frilled or have stylish sleeves, and come in a variety of colors and male styles feature subtle adjustments to tailoring, which makes certain that the requirements of their customers are met.
- Make an effort to reach the influencers: Quite unlike their competitors such as Nike as well as Adidas which invest millions of dollars in advertisements, Lululemon Athletica chooses to target influencers, such as yoga gurus or fitness trainers, and give them freebies and use them to convince the people they want to buy their clothes.
- High level of engagement: Lululemon Athletica is a company with a high level of customer satisfaction. The staff will always address customers by their names and are very patient with all of them, allowing them to try as many different options as they’d like, and as many times as they’d like. The store also ensures that the requirements of the customer are clearly identified and that the appropriate solutions are offered.
Weaknesses of Lululemon Athletica – SWOT Analysis Of Lululemon Athletica
- Inability to gain traction in overseas marketplaces: Lululemon America currently operates in the United States, Canada, and Australia as well as in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Germany, and Puerto Rico, and Switzerland. They’ve been growing slowly and haven’t been aggressive relative to their competition which could impact their potential growth in the future term.
- Lower margins: Although ThoughLululemonAthletica has a solid customer base its products cater to a premium market and thus the brand has to rely on value and not a volume for sales. This means that the company is suffering from poor margins for all its products.
- Operational Issues: Lululemon Athletica has seen an increase in sales over the past few quarters and it has been attributed to various operational problems. This includes the lack of colors available in their spring line and issues with the visual merchandise on their website and difficulties in expanding operations.
Opportunities of Lululemon Athletica – Lululemon Athletica SWOT analysis
- Emerging niches: Lululemon Sports has a range of products designed for new niches such as pilates and yoga. Exercise regimens such as Zumba. Aerobics Pilates, as well as yoga, have been increasing and yoga is also growing and the market for products related to these will likely rise. This will be the largest marketplace for Lululemon Athletica.
Threats of Lululemon Athletica – SWOT analysis of Lululemon Athletica
- Competitors: The principal competitors for Lululemon Athletica are Nike, Adidas, and Decathlon.
You May Also Like:
- SWOT Analysis of Disney Plus – Disney Plus SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Volkswagen – Volkswagen SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of ASDA – ASDA SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis Of Amazon- Amazon SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of eBay- eBay SWOT Analysis
Overview Template of Lululemon Athletica SWOT analysis
Lululemon Athletica Inc showed upward growth especially in the last quarter of January 2018 by exceeding its estimated targets. It was possible due to its strong brand image and expansion in the international market.
Lululemon has a successful business model of making a leading LULU brand in athletic apparel. It has placed well itself in the market. The company is already planning for international expansion in Asia and Europe. It is planning to open 10 to 20 stores in the Asian market.
Though Lulu Lemon Athletica has strong financials, investors should consider the risk of strong competition, changing consumer trends, and dependency on a single supplier.
This is the SWOT analysis of Lululemon Athletica. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.