Michael Kors SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Michael Kors: Michael Kors Holding Private Limited is a brand of designer accessories and sportswear that is owned by Michael Kors, the well-known creator of Michael Kors. The label sells clothes, accessories jewelry, perfumes, and other items for men and women. The fashion house first began operation in the year 1981. It was founded beginning with Michael Kors women’s collection. Before that, Kors was the most sought-after creator at French Boutique Lothar’s from which he launched his first collection. Although Kors is enrolled in an advanced program at the fashion institute of Technology and decided it was time to experiment with his own style, and walked out of the program after one year.
The fashions of Kor that were high on elegantness were noticed by the likes of celebrities such as Barbara Walker who becomes his regular client. Since then, it was impossible to stop him. In the year 2014, Michael Kors Holdings Private Limited was founded. Michael Kors Holdings Private Limited with a number of high-profile clients including Michelle Obama, Heidi Klum, Jennifer Lopez, and Emma Roberts. The company’s turnover surpassed 1 billion USD in the year 2014 and has seen a steady increase since then.
Michael Kors fun facts: Michael Kors is name checked by artists including Nicki Minaj, Drake, Big Sean and Pusha T in some of their biggest hits.
About Michael Kors – SWOT analysis of Michael Kors
Company: Michael Kors
CEO: John D. Idol
Founder: Michael Kors
Year founded: 1981
Headquarters: New York, US
Annual Revenue: USD$4.71 billion
Profit | Net income: USD$839.1 million
Number of employees: 3306
Products & Services: Men’s and women’s ready-to-wear | Accessories | Watches | Jewellery | Footwear | Fragrance
Michael Kors Competitors
SWOT analysis of Michael Kors – Michael Kors SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Michael Kors is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Michael Kors evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Michael Kors’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Michael Kors.
Let’s talk about Michael Kors’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Michael Kors – Michael Kors SWOT analysis
- The presence in many domains in fashion: Michael Kors is a brand that can be found in the majority of categories of casual clothes. The range of products includes clothing watches, jewelry bags, shoes, and handbags for women and men. Michael Kors is also popular for their casual jackets and semi-casual party clothing.
- A strong presence on social media: Michael Kors enjoys an active profile on the social media platforms such as Facebook as well as Twitter. The brand has a total of 18 million followers all over the world and has an increase of 18% per year. It is engaging the public about the brand via social media marketing campaigns. They are also creating social media impressions for their ramp shows as well as streaming life on their social media sites.
- Multi-channel Distribution method: In addition to brick-and-mortar retailers, the brand can also be purchased on the internet. The shopping experience on the internet is enhanced to give customers the impression of buying from a physical store. From the moment a user enters the shopping platform, through the moment when he is browsing for items until the moment when he leaves, Kors has been careful about creating what’s referred to as a multichannel experience.
- The celebrity clients: Michael Kors has a lengthy list of celebrities and some of them are regularly featured on his runway shows, as well as on red carpet events. A few of his regular clients are Jennifer Lopez, Emma Roberts, Michelle Obama, and Natalie Portman. The celebrities regularly wear Kor outfits to many award ceremonies as well as red carpet occasions.
- Positioning: Kor positions his outfits to be the perfect outfits for women of any age, any nation who is stylish. The clothes are created for the urban market and keep the fashions of market trends in mind. the fashion industry in the back of their minds. Through a clear positioning and fashion-conscious style, the business has been able to conquer the market with a massive size.
Weaknesses of Michael Kors – SWOT Analysis Of Michael Kors
- Insufficient visibility and poor presence in Asia: In comparison to rival brands such as Louis Vuitton and Gucci, Michael Kors is the least well-known brand in Asia. Countries such as India and China provide the potential for a massive future for luxury products. The future growth potential of the region is estimated at 100 billion over the coming decade.
- The market is niche: Luxury brands like Michael Kors are targeted at high net-income customers. This is why it is crucial that the clothing is personalized and the styles aren’t duplicated. Furthermore, it’s difficult for the business to concentrate on the right amount of merchandise and is unable to afford to cut costs.
- Management of critics: Michael Kors has received lots of criticism over the repeating patterns as well as the repeated use of colors and fabrics. The criticisms that spread via social media resulted in much negative publicity for Michael Kors.
Opportunities of Michael Kors – Michael Kors SWOT analysis
- Examining new market: Michael Kors is not well-known in Asia. Countries such as India or China provide a vast future opportunity for luxury goods. The potential of the area is about 100 billion dollars over the next 10 years. The company must look at emerging markets to expand its business and achieve higher quantities.
- Kids’ wear: Today especially in urban markets, there is an increasing market for kids ‘ clothing. Michael Kors has a strong presence in both men’s and women’s designer clothing and can utilize the same platform to market their designer kid’s wear and accessories.
Threats of Michael Kors – SWOT analysis of Michael Kors
- Competition: The major competitors for Michael Kors are Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger, and many more.
You May Also Like:
- Hair & Care SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Hair & Care
- Fiama Di Wills SWOT analysis
- Sensodyne SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Sensodyne
- Revlon SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Revlon
- Air France Swot analysis – Swot analysis of Air France
This is the SWOT analysis of Michael Kors. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.