Radisson Hotels SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Radisson Hotels: Radisson Group of Hotels is an internationally-acclaimed hotel chain operated by Radisson Group headquartered in Minnesota, USA. The hotel chain has a number of the most prestigious brands in hospitality such as Radisson, Radisson Blu, Radisson Red, Country Inn as well as Suites with Radisson as well as Park Inn by Radisson. The hotel chain first founded in 1909 boasts more than 100 years of history to its name, making it one of the longest-running hospitality brands available.
Today, Radisson owns over 1000 properties in seventy-three countries around the world. Each subbrand brand caters to a distinct market segment, and this has meant that the chain has the ability to provide the same level of service across its hotels. Catering to the needs of active travelers, Radisson Hotels is known for its attentive approach toward guests, which allows guests to relax and unwind amid their busy schedules.
Radisson Hotels fun facts: The Radisson Hotels chain was established as Country Inn & Suites by former Carlson Hotels’ owner, Carlson Companies in 1986 as a “middle-class” brand.
About Radisson Hotels – SWOT analysis of Radisson Hotels
- 1 About Radisson Hotels – SWOT analysis of Radisson Hotels
- 2 Radisson Hotels Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Radisson Hotels – Radisson Hotels SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Radisson Hotels – Radisson Hotels SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Radisson Hotels – SWOT Analysis Of Radisson Hotels
- 6 Opportunities of Radisson Hotels – Radisson Hotels SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of Radisson Hotels – SWOT analysis of Radisson Hotels
- 8 Overview Template of Radisson Hotels SWOT analysis
- 9 Conclusion
[wp-svg-icons icon=”office” wrap=”I”] Company: Radisson Hotel Group
[wp-svg-icons icon=”user” wrap=”I”] CEO: Federico J. González
[wp-svg-icons icon=”user” wrap=”I”] Founder: Edna Dickerson
[wp-svg-icons icon=”calendar” wrap=”I”] Year founded: 1909
[wp-svg-icons icon=”location-2″ wrap=”I”] Headquarters: Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
[wp-svg-icons icon=”stats” wrap=”I”] Annual Revenue: USD$2.6 Billion
[wp-svg-icons icon=”bars” wrap=”i”] Profit | Net income: USD$460 Million
[wp-svg-icons icon=”users” wrap=”I”] Number of employees: 7274
[wp-svg-icons icon=”pie” wrap=”i”] Products & Services: Radisson Hotel Group is proud to provide a dynamic set of hotel brands for a wide range of travelers and budgets. Each of these brands has its own identity.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”globe” wrap=”I”] Website: www.radissonhotelgroup.com
Radisson Hotels Competitors
[wp-svg-icons icon=”pacman” wrap=”I”] Competitors: Starwood Hotels & Resorts | Doubletree by Hilton | Ritz Carlton | Marriott | IHG Hotels & Resorts | Omni Hotels & Resorts | Wyndham Hotels & Resorts | Hyatt Hotels & Resorts | Coast Hotels | Accor Hotels | Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts
SWOT analysis of Radisson Hotels – Radisson Hotels SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Radisson Hotels is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Radisson Hotels evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Radisson Hotels’ SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Radisson Hotels.
Let’s talk about Radisson Hotels’ SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Radisson Hotels – Radisson Hotels SWOT analysis
- Customer Service: As their tagline for Radisson is a clear indication the motto for service of this hotel brand is “Yes I can.” The staff members are taught not to say no or disapprove of customers’ requests. They are always friendly and eager to help. This guarantees that their services are top-quality that is consistent with their hotels across the world.
- The wide network: The Radisson Group has a presence in seventy-three countries and is home to more than 1000 hotels. While most of their properties are located in the United States where they have extensive networks, however, the hotel chain is also present throughout the
- Customer Service: Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts are renowned for their top service and guests are treated with plenty of personal attention. The interior of the restaurant is grand and the architecture is inspiring and the quality of service is the same across all of its properties.
- Radisson Rewards: Radisson has gained a lot of attention for its rewards program which is often regarded as an industry standard. Their rewards program consists of rates for members that are less than the normal rates of rooms for regular customers. Individualized services include discounts on drinks and food and complimentary award nights. Points can be earned for stays at all Radisson hotels and can be exchanged at all of their properties.
- Broad areas of focus: The hotel chain owns famous hospitality brands such as Radisson, Radisson Blu, Radisson Red and Radisson Red, Country Inns and Suites in Radisson, and Park Inn by Radisson. While Radisson Blu is a reference to hotels in the United States which cater to high-end tourists, Radisson Red is for young people, and Park Inn is for the economy segment. The hotel chain, therefore, has something for everyone which allows them to reach a wider audience.
- A high brand recognition: Radisson is a group of hotels that have a distinctive brand identity that is associated with top-of-the-line service quality. Through its “every moment matters” tagline, which also represents its philosophy of service the company is able to feel emotionally connected to its guests.
Weaknesses of Radisson Hotels – SWOT Analysis Of Radisson Hotels
- Plans for expansion: Radisson Group is looking to expand its operations further into the Asia Pacific and this will also be accompanied by a reorganization and changes in leadership. This will mean lots of costs and could cost the business. The restructuring and change in leadership might also require the need to shift the organizational culture, which could be difficult.
- High promotion cost: The Radisson Group is planning to change its position and rebrand itself for which the budget allocated is 200 million dollars. At a time when hotels are experiencing cost management issues, this may not be the best choice.
- Too many variations: Radisson Group has under its portfolio eight distinct hotel brands spread across eight segments and operating across over 73 nations spread across different continents. This widespread is creating unison between the categories of hotels and sub-brands. This also confuses customers who are expecting the same quality of service at every Radisson hotel but does not be aware that it can vary in accordance with the market segment that the sub-brand serves.
Opportunities of Radisson Hotels – Radisson Hotels SWOT analysis
- Changes in Trends in the Market Trends: The growing emphasis on customer service is reducing the price sensitivity of the average customer. Hotels in the business class are benefiting greatly from the increase in corporate travel abroad. Another trend in the market that favors hospitality businesses is the less cost of travel abroad which is why it is crucial for hotels to be present throughout the globe.
Threats of Radisson Hotels – SWOT analysis of Radisson Hotels
- Competitors: The main competitors of Radisson Group are Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Hilton, Wyndham Worldwide, and Intercontinental Hotels.
You May Also Like:
- Vans SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Vans
- Barcelona Football Club SWOT analysis
- Michael Kors SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Michael Kors
- Lays SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Lays
- Disneyland SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Disneyland
Overview Template of Radisson Hotels SWOT analysis
Out of my study, I have learned essential facts about banquet operation, necessary equipment for operation, food and beverage, customer satisfaction, bar provision, etc in order to be effective I come to know interesting and useful information about the banquet and the places where the foods and beverages are served. Here also, I have learned essential facts about alcohol and its usage, and misusage. Before preparing this research paper I hardly knew anything about banquet operations and alcohol and the current situation in the world. At the time of its preparation, I come to know interesting and useful information about banquet operations and foods and alcohol and its abuse.
This is the SWOT analysis of Radisson Hotels. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”bubbles” wrap=”i”] Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.