SWOT Analysis of Foodpanda – Foodpanda SWOT Analysis: Foodpanda is one of the German Mobile food delivery markets. Its headquarters are within Berlin, Germany, and were established in 2012. It is present in around forty countries as well as territories. Foodpanda allows users to order food from any restaurant in the area via smartphones or online sites. Foodpanda has signed agreements with around 2705 restaurants spread across 193 cities. It also operates its business with approximately 15,733 delivery service riders. In 2016, the company was purchased by Delivery Hero.
Delivery Hero is a Delivery Hero brand that includes a variety of internationally-based brands. Within Asia in Asia and Eastern Europe, it is Foodpanda In Europe, Canada, and Australia it’s Foodora In Australia, and in the Middle East it is hello food and in Russia, it’s Delivery Club, and so on. Foodpanda processes diverse orders and delivers them directly to restaurants that are partners. They then deliver the order to customers.
It is accessible via mobile applications and on websites. Customers can place orders for meals by entering postal codes through the site. Customers can search for food by selecting from the list of restaurants shown on the website. Customers can also prepare meals by looking through menus of restaurants and selecting the items they wish to purchase.
After the choice is made after the selection is made, customers must enter their address and then proceed to checkout. Restaurants in the respective locations receive the orders, and food is delivered to the customer. Foodpanda will send an email to verify orders, along with an estimated delivery date. Foodpanda’s mission isn’t only about providing the best and most popular food to customers of the restaurant they prefer, but it also aims to establish a relationship. Foodpanda has chefs who prepare a menu that is fresh and also tasty and full of flavor.
In the year 2017 Foodpanda changed its brand name from orange to pink with updated logs for all countries. The iconic panda is still in the center of its brand’s logo.
Foodpanda has also released the app with a brand new design and outstanding user interface that includes features such as live monitoring of your orders and dynamic delivery times and so on for customers.
Foodpanda fun facts: FoodPanda has 1.87 million fans over its Facebook fan page.
About Foodpanda – SWOT analysis of Foodpanda
Company: Delivery Hero
CEO: Ralf Wenzel
Founder: Ralf Wenzel | Ben Bauer
Year founded: March 2012
Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
Annual Revenue: US$616.2 million
Profit | Net income: US$6110 million
Number of employees: 20,000
Products & Services: Online food and grocery delivery
SWOT analysis of Foodpanda – Foodpanda SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Foodpandais brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Foodpanda evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Foodpanda’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Foodpanda.
Let’s talk about Foodpanda’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Foodpanda – Foodpanda SWOT analysis
- Fantastic Platform: Excellent Platform Foodpanda handles diverse orders on behalf of customers and delivers them directly to restaurants that are partners. After the order has been completed, it will deliver to its clients. The service is offered to customers via mobile apps and websites which allow customers to order food using their postcodes via the website. Customers can search for food options from the list of restaurants on the site. After selecting a restaurant, customers must enter their address, and proceed to the checkout. The restaurant will take the orders, and the food is delivered to the customer. They will also send an SMS with confirmation of the order and expected delivery date.
- Online ordering: Online Ordering Foodpanda accepts orders via its mobile and website applications as well as on its website. It connects restaurant owners and customers.
- investments: Foodpanda has raised investment in venture capital of $318 million. It has raised around $20 million as the first capital through Rocket Internet and Investment AB Kinnevik in 2013. At the same time, iMENA Holdings had invested around $8 million. It also received financing of approximately $20 million in 2014. Goldman Sachs had also invested approximately $100 million in Foodpanda. These findings are actually an enormous strength for Foodpanda.
- Different international companies: Foodpanda was purchased by the company Delivery Hero in 2016. Its Delivery Hero brand contains multiple international brands. Within Asia as well as Eastern Europe, it is Foodpanda In Europe, Canada, and Australia it’s Foodora In the Middle East it is hello food and in Russia, it’s a Delivery Club, etc.
- World operations: Global Operations Foodpanda operates its business in a number of countries, including Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
- The Global Rebranding: In the year 2017, Foodpanda changed its brand name to change its color from Orange to Pink by introducing updated logs for all countries. The iconic panda continues to be prominent in its brand’s logo.
- Fast Delivery: Quick Delivery Foodpanda manages food delivery in less time because it attempts to connect its customers to the nearest restaurants.
- trained employees: Trained Employees in Foodpanda have educated employees to help make their deliveries more efficient.
- Broad Range of Coverage: Foodpanda provides a large number of restaurants, and it meets a wide range of customer needs and preferences for food.
- Good Customer Service: Good Customer Support Foodpanda offers excellent customer support and is able to meet their requirements and preferences for food. It is constantly changing its menus of food and also tries to make connections with restaurants.
Weaknesses of Foodpanda – SWOT Analysis Of Foodpanda
- Restaurants in the vicinity: These orders can only be taken from restaurants within the vicinity of where the order is placed. This is a weakness because all the restaurants won’t be open at all times.
- Click to get Free Delivery: The quantity needed to get free delivery may be slightly more than for a single person.
- Still to cover more: Foodpanda is not yet fully covered all areas of cities.
Opportunities of Foodpanda – Foodpanda SWOT analysis
- Growing market: It appears to be the perfect position as with the expanding market there is the potential for customers.
- Customer Expansion: Foodpanda will need to expand its reach to satisfy the needs of more customers. It’ll have to connect with a variety of restaurants and draw more customers to its website. This will increase the opportunities for the company.
- The increase in loyalty of customers Programs: Increase in Customer Loyalty Programs Foodpanda could set up customer loyalty programs that will make customers stay loyal to them. They could introduce some promotions or reward programs to keep them with them. This will create a massive chance for them.
Threats of Foodpanda – SWOT analysis of Foodpanda
- Potentially Increased competitors: There could be greater competition in this particular market. This poses a significant risk to food pandas’ business.
- A Low-Cashing Customer: In the course of its beginning it seems that there is an absence of customers in the company. The company must come up with ways to attract more customers since it could pose a very dangerous for the company.
- Changes within economic conditions: economic changes around the world could affect business. This also poses a serious risk for the company.
- Easy to go to the restaurant nearby: The public may decide to visit a nearby restaurant instead of having it through the website. This could pose a threat to the company.
You May Also Like:
- Timberland SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Timberland
- Kotak Mahindra SWOT Analysis
- TNT SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of TNT
- Berkshire Hathaway SWOT Analysis
- Bulgari SWOT analysis – SWOT Analysis of Bulgari
Overview Template of Foodpanda SWOT analysis
After an in-depth study of the swot analysis of Foodpanda, we have realized that Foodpanda is indeed the world’s leading growing online food delivery service providing company. The economic recession, free promotional deliveries, and limited hotel and restaurant networks are some of the main challenges. Foodpanda should expand its food menu and offer discounts in order to expand its market share.
This is the SWOT analysis of Foodpanda. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.