Vicco Turmeric SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Vicco Turmeric: Vicco Turmeric is an ayurvedic facial cream made through Vicco Laboratories which is headquartered in Mumbai. Vicco Laboratories which also manufactures other ayurvedic products such as Vicco Vajradanti toothpaste and toothpowder and Narayani cream is a renowned brand in the field of ayurvedic cosmetics and oral hygiene in India.
The business is an idea from Keshav Vishnu Pendharkar. He founded the company in 1959, with the goal of creating ayurvedic products that would be household items and offering them in a form that is simple to use. Vicco Turmeric Cream was also one of the first to be available within the Indian market. Using the use of a penetration pricing strategy it became an industry-leading brand in India. The brand was able to connect to the local market via a series of ads using the language of India, which is the reason it gained recognition.
Vicco Turmeric fun facts: The yellow color has been a constant on VICCO’s skin products signifying the brand’s long-standing tryst with turmeric and its benefits for flawless skin while the logo depicting antiseptic elements. The packaging also featured yesteryear TV actresses like Mrinal Kulkarni and Rakul Preet.
About Vicco Turmeric – SWOT analysis of Vicco Turmeric
Company: Vicco Laboratories
CEO: Sanjeev Pendharkar
Founder: Keshav Vishnu Pendharkar
Year founded: 1952
Headquarters: Bhoiwada Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Annual Revenue: INR190 crore
Profit | Net income: INR27 crore
Number of employees: 235
Products & Services: Vicco Turmeric Cream With Foam Base | Turmeric Skin Cream | Vajradanti Powder
Vicco Turmeric Competitors
Competitors: Boroline | Borosoft | Himani Boro Plus Antiseptic Cream | Dabur | Himalaya
SWOT analysis of Vicco Turmeric – Vicco Turmeric SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Vicco Turmeric is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Vicco Turmeric evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Vicco Turmeric’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Vicco Turmeric.
Let’s talk about Vicco Turmeric’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Vicco Turmeric – Vicco Turmeric SWOT analysis
- The healing properties of turmeric: Turmeric is a natural antibiotic with a myriad of medicinal and disinfecting qualities. This is why turmeric is the ideal ingredient to use in a face cream as it not only increases fairness but also treats blemishes, pimples, and other skin issues that are common.
- Goodwill and trust of the customers: Vicco Turmeric Cream enjoys extremely high levels of customer satisfaction and trust, primarily due to its Ayurvedic roots, which help it immune to any adverse consequences. In addition, Vicco turmeric was the first to market in the market because there was no comparable product available at the debut.
- Organic Ingredients: The Vicco Turmeric Ayurvedic cream is made with natural ingredients such as the turmeric plant and the cream. The cream is free of animal-derived ingredients, or ingredients that have ever been evaluated on animal models. The formulation was created and approved by FDA.
- Unisex: In the same way, it provides fair skin, Vicco Turmeric also removes blemishes and marks, as well as pimples off the skin, making it look young and fresh. It is also non-sex and is suitable for all genders, and isn’t targeted specifically at men. Indeed, even the ads for the product are dominated by males.
- Modern advertisements: The cosmetics through the very traditional approach utilize a contemporary and modern design of advertisement featuring the modern woman highlighting the issues that she is usually confronted with in her area of skin care. The cream is promoted as a solution for various issues.
Weaknesses of Vicco Turmeric – SWOT Analysis Of Vicco Turmeric
- Inability to maintain growth: During the early years when it was first introduced, Vicco Turmeric was a very popular product, and consumers were able to trust the brand to an enormous degree. But, during the nineties, India was liberalized and many multinational corporations entered the country with many new brands within the field of skin care. This led to Vicco not being able to sustain its expansion.
- The high price of operating: Vicco Turmeric uses natural ingredients such as turmeric and cream as the main ingredients. The company also invests lots of money in making sure that the suppliers from which they obtain their materials are legitimate and has increased the price of production.
- Features that have issues: The Vicco Turmeric Ayurvedic Cream has received a lot of complaints about certain features. One of the major complaints consumers expressed was its texture, which was thicker and not as smooth as global rivals. There were also complaints about the scent of the cream, which brought back memories of medicine.
- Confusion in placement: Vicco Turmeric tried to present its products like medical and Fairness Creams. Vicco Turmeric Ayurvedic Cream is not only a fairness cream, but also for treating skin conditions like blemishes pimples, and skin rashes. It’s also advertised as an ointment to treat burns and cuts. The customer is confused because they aren’t sure of what the cream really intended for.
Opportunities of Vicco Turmeric – Vicco Turmeric SWOT analysis
- Problems with the skin: Customers are conscious of their appearance and therefore more concerned about the appearance of their skin. This leads them to spend more money on treatments that improve their appearance, thereby creating massive potential for skincare providers.
Threats of Vicco Turmeric – SWOT analysis of Vicco Turmeric
- Competitors: The primary challenge for Vicco Turmeric is its competitors such as Fair & Lovely, forever, and Clearasil.
You May Also Like:
- Tesla Swot Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Tesla Motors
- Lidl SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Lidl
- BP SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of BP
- Marks & Spencer SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Marks & Spencer
- Lululemon Athletica SWOT analysis
The company and its products were initially proved to be a great success in the Indian market. Started by Shri K.V Phendharkar the company got a huge success and got various awards and acclamations. The idea of using natural ingredients in beauty products initially was a huge success. The company also faced various competition from many other beauty brands. They had to face the new ideas of these companies which also attracted Indian customers but the company decided to stick to its brand value and the ingredient’s in its products. They continued to hold their position in the changing demands of the customers.
They did not make any changes in the products and continued to provide the same promised quality to their customers. And Vicco cream became one of the bestselling creams in India and Abroad.
This is the SWOT analysis of Vicco Turmeric. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.