Cathay Pacific SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Cathay Pacific: Cathay Pacific is an airline that operates from Hong Kong and the airline is the flag carrier for the country. The headquarters are located in Hong Kong the airline operates flights to various destinations around the globe. The airline has transported 27 million passengers and has a capacity comprising 146 airplanes.
Alongside Cathay Pacific, the company has Cathay Dragon a fully owned subsidiary that provides flights to 44 destinations within the Asia Pacific region. The world’s tenth-largest air carrier Cathay Pacific is also the largest cargo transporter in the world. It has contributed to creating Hong Kong the busiest international cargo terminal around the globe.
In 2016 the airline recorded its annual turnover in the amount of HK$92.751 million. Cathay Pacific was founded by an American Roy C Farrell and an Australian Sydney H de Kantzow in 1946. The airline was based in Shanghai and then was relocated to Hong Kong.
Cathay Pacific fun facts: Cathay has its very first nonstop transpolar flight landed at the new Chek Lap Kok international airport and has its arrival at JFK Airport in New York which is 16 hours and covers a total distance of 8,067km.
About Cathay Pacific – SWOT analysis of Cathay Pacific
Company: Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd.
CEO: Augustus Tang Kin Wing
Founder: Roy Farrell | Sydney de Kantzow
Year founded: 24 September 1946, Hong Kong
Headquarters: Hong Kong
Annual Revenue: USD
Profit | Net income: USD
Number of employees: 34,200
Products & Services: Scheduled Passenger Services | Cathay Pacific Freighter | Cargo Services
Cathay Pacific Competitors
SWOT analysis of Cathay Pacific – Cathay Pacific SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Cathay Pacific is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Cathay Pacific evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Cathay Pacific’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Cathay Pacific.
Let’s talk about Cathay Pacific’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Cathay Pacific – Cathay Pacific SWOT analysis
- Strategies: Cathay Pacific is a huge success due to the fact that it has an effective plan. The airline has a robust and well-resourced network. They are planning to build hubs, which are bolstered with a well-designed commercial strategy.
- technology skilled: Cathay Pacific has constantly observed customer preferences and studied their habits by using data analysis and digital capabilities. This has enabled them to decode the behavior of customers and create services that are highly personalized for their customers.
- Excellent customer focus: Cathay Pacific has an unwavering focus on the customer. They make every effort possible to provide unique and lasting customer experiences. Furthermore, they also concentrate on customer engagement and make sure that there is constant communication between businesses and customers.
- Security: Cathay Pacific was always focused on safety, and they will not make any compromises on matters that affect the safety of customers and their comfort. Safety parameters are created to ensure that the operational effectiveness is maximized, and the aircraft, along with other resources, are efficiently utilized.
- The -oriented team: Cathay Pacific understands that only happy employees are able to provide top-quality service. To ensure that they receive the required standard of service, the airline provides training to its employees on a regular basis and helps them to be inspired, to motivate them to be the best they can be.
- Concentrate upon productivity: South East Asian values such as dedication and hard work are instilled into the way that is Cathay Pacific. This has enabled the company to concentrate on efficiency and create an environment that encourages constant advancement.
- Concentrate on the in-flight service: Cathay Pacific ensures that its services in flight are at par or even better than their rivals. In the upper classes, you can enjoy personalized meals, comfy lounge seating, and a variety of personal options for entertainment on the flight, etc. which guarantee they are a brand that enjoys a high level of loyalty.
Weaknesses of Cathay Pacific – SWOT Analysis Of Cathay Pacific
- Unsatisfactory fuel agreements: Cathay Pacific tried to sign fuel agreements that resulted in massive losses in fuel costs. These contracts bind the airline to extremely high fuel prices for a period of four years. This is a huge impact on its bottom line.
- Value dependence: In order to sustain profit, the business was struggling to compete with low-cost competitors. Low-cost competitors could fill more seats on planes than Cathay Pacific which in turn led to the company being more dependent on the value, rather than volume sales.
- Brand changing: Many of the customers of Cathay Pacific shifted to low-cost airlines when they discovered that there are less expensive alternatives to flying using the same route. This led them to switch to Cathay Pacific which affected their business.
Opportunities of Cathay Pacific – Cathay Pacific SWOT analysis
- The growing demands for international travel: There is a rapid increase in the number of individuals living in Asia who are constantly in demand to travel to international places for business as well as pleasure. This suggests that there is plenty of room for airlines to expand to more international destinations.
Threats of Cathay Pacific – SWOT analysis of Cathay Pacific
- Competitors: The airline faces lots of competition from companies like Lufthansa, Air France, Air India, Singapore Airlines, and many more.
- Pricing: The most important element of the cost of an airline is the fuel which is extremely volatile and managing the price according to the changing dynamics of the fuel prices, is a risk now and in the future.
You May Also Like:
- Aldi SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Aldi
- Virgin Atlantic SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Virgin Atlantic
- Lush SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Lush
- Qantas Airlines SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Qantas Airlines
- Oral- B SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Oral- B
This is the SWOT analysis of Cathay Pacific. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.