Oral- B SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Oral- B: Oral-B offers a range of oral treatment products that are owned by Procter & Gamble. The company offers a broad assortment of products for oral health including toothbrushes, toothpaste as well as brush heads under the brand name. The company was established by a periodontist in the year 1950 to create a separate company.
Procter & Gamble took this brand in 2006. Since then, the brand’s launch, it has been sold across Africa, Asia Pacific, South America, Europe, and the Caribbean. The brand has always created new designs for its toothbrushes and is recognized for its many firsts. With an array of innovative product launches that set trends in oral health, Oral-B has played a significant role in the niche of oral care, which is well-known for its enthusiasm for creativity.
Oral- B fun facts: Oral-B Toothbrushes are used by more dentists and hygienists worldwide than any other toothbrushes.
About Oral- B – SWOT analysis of Oral- B
Company: The Procter & Gamble Company
CEO: LV Vaidyanathan
Founder: Dr Robert Hudson
Year founded: 1949
Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Annual Revenue: USD$37.31 million
Profit | Net income: USD$2.4 million
Number of employees: 213
Products & Services: Toothpastes | Toothbrushes | Electric toothbrushes | Mouthwashes
Oral- B Competitors
Competitors: Colgate | Pepsodent | Close Up | Quip NYC | Ranir | Discus Dental | Crest | Radius Networks | GC America | TePe | Water Pik
SWOT analysis of Oral- B – Oral- B SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Oral- B is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Oral- B evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Oral- B’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Oral- B.
Let’s talk about Oral-B’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Oral- B – Oral- B SWOT analysis
- Innovation: Oral -B was a brand that made an interesting change in dull and boring products such as toothbrushes. The company has always been the first to introduce the development of innovative products, such as electric toothbrushes, as well as those which address specific oral hygiene issues like the removal of plaque for instance.
- A complete understanding: Oral The brand ‘B’ is a firm that has an in-depth and thorough understanding of the oral healthcare industry. The brand is capable of creating highly unique products such as power tip bristles as well as control grip.
- A backing from Procter & Gamble: Ever since Oral – B was acquired from P & G in 2006 the brand has expanded exponentially. The brand has greatly benefited from the wide distribution network, which has helped to make the product more popular in a number of regions.
- A clear position: Oral- B is a name that is clearly positioned in the field of oral health. Furthermore, its position, Oral- B has adhered to the need-based approach to positioning, like cleaning from plaque, or reaching distant places in the mouth. The method is to determine the needs and then develop products that are ingenious.
- Customer Testimonials: Oral-B has been a frequent recipient of testimonial advertisements and its toothbrushes have been recommended by dentists and other oral healthcare specialists. These reviews have improved the trust and satisfaction that their consumers have.
- Continuous new product launches: Oral B has been in constant innovation of new products and regularly introduces products that are specialized to niche markets. Through a research team comprising 40 employees, The company has identified the needs of customers that were not defined and created distinctive products to meet all of these needs.
- Excellent product analysis: Oral – B is responsible for changing the product that was usually thought to be boring into exciting and fascinating products. One of the biggest strengths of Oral B B is its understanding of the issues consumers face when it comes to the use of a toothbrush.
Weaknesses of Oral- B – SWOT Analysis Of Oral- B
- Insufficient penetration: Though P & G has an extensive distributor network, however, the oral health brand OralB B is unable to get into the rural market. This could be due to the price being too high or isn’t aware of its use.
- Insufficient awareness: The brand Oral- B is one that creates several products that are difficult in their marketing. Examples include the Oral B B Smart Series which is an electric toothbrush that relies on using blue tooth technology. The more complex products require an amount of awareness to be able to gain traction.
- A disproportionate focus on a specific sector: Oral B. is a company that has focused on an extremely niche oral health segment, focusing on toothbrushes primarily. This over-concentration of a specific segment has stopped the brand from expanding into other areas.
Opportunities of Oral- B – Oral- B SWOT analysis
- Unexplored areas: There is an increasing market in personal health segments as well as OralB, an established brand in the market and is among the market leaders in the oral health segment and is able to expand into this field. Oral B is not present in children’s oral care and is a sector that should be considered for expansion.
Threats of Oral- B – SWOT analysis of Oral- B
- Competition: The company faces many competitions from brands like Colgate, Closeup, Dabur, Sensodyne, and Meswak.
- Cost awareness: Oral-B is a company that has not been too worried regarding the price of its products correctly. Customers are becoming more aware of the cost they pay for basic products like toothbrushes and want to ensure they get the best value for money.
You May Also Like:
- Polo Ralph Lauren SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Polo Ralph Lauren
- Listerine SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Listerine
- Kaya Skin Care Clinic SWOT analysis
- Sainsbury SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Sainsbury
- Dabur Babool SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Dabur Babool
This is the SWOT analysis of Oral- B. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.