Havells India SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Havells India: A well-known electrical equipment manufacturer, Havell was formed during the year 1958. It is located in Noida, India. It is the biggest electrical equipment maker in India. Since its inception, Havells produces a huge assortment of products which include kitchen and home appliances, industrial and commercial appliances, domestic lighting light bulbs, modular switch water heaters, fans induction motors, and many others.
The company is the owner of several brands such as Havells, Lloyd, Standard Electric, Crabtree, and Prompt. The company is home to around 23 branches as well as representative offices employing more than 6000 people in more than 50 countries. It is an extremely fast-moving electric goods company with an extensive global presence with a vast network of a distribution network that is of world-class quality.
It is admired by its customers for its brand dominance across its vast array of products. Havells India had pioneered the concept of a unique branding showroom for the field of electrical with the help of Havells Galaxy. Today, Havells has more than 500 Havells Galaxies, which can be seen all over the world and assists customers to select from a wide range of items.
The company has high recognition and trust and is the owner of several renowned brands. Havells India has 12 manufacturing factories in India that are situated in Baddi, Haridwar, Faridabad, Sahibabad, Alwar, Assam, and Neemrana.
In this article, we will talk about what we call the SWOT analysis of Havells India.
About Havells India – SWOT analysis of Havells India
Company : Havells India Ltd
CEO: Anil Rai Gupta
Founder: Qimat Rai Gupta
Year founded: 1958
Annual Revenue: US$930 million
Profit | Net income: US$120 million
Number of employees : 4,017
Products & Services: Industrial & Domestic Circuit Protection Devices | Cables & Wires | Motors | Fans | Modular Switches | Home Appliances | Air Conditioners | Electric Water Heaters | Power Capacitors
Havells India Competitors
Competitors: Maini Precision Products | Bajaj Electricals | CG Power and Industrial Solutions | Exide Industries | ABB India Ltd | Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd
Havells India Fun Facts: The Company was originally incorporatd as Havell’s India Private Limited on 8th August, under the Companies Act, 1956 and subsequetly the name was changed to Havell’s India Limitd vide certificate dated 31st March, 1992.
SWOT analysis of Havells India – Havells India SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Havells India is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Havells India evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Havells India’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Havells India.
Let’s talk about Havells India’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Havells India – Havells India SWOT analysis
- Highly Recallable and Long-Term: High Recall and Loyalty Havells India has high brand recall and loyalty and is the owner of several prestigious brands. Havells India has 12 manufacturing factories in India that are located in Baddi, Haridwar, Faridabad, Sahibabad, Alwar, Assam, and Neemrana.
- The Most Popular Choice for Electrical Products: The brand of Havells together with its brand has earned itself the distinction of being the most popular product of various electrical items for consumers in India and around the world.
- Large Product Variety: Large Product Range Havells manufactures a vast array of products, ranging from kitchen and home appliances, industrial and commercial appliances, domestic lighting light bulbs, modular switch water heaters, fans induction motors, and others. Their products are all of excellent quality and are similar to both Indian as well as the international market.
- World Presence The Global Presence: Havells India has expanded its business operations on a global scale and has a robust distribution network available.
- Good Information on Fast-growing Countries: The Good Command on Fast-Growing Countries Havells India has an excellent investment opportunity in rapidly growing and emerging nations. Because of this it has diversified its operations and has also managed to achieve greater recognition.
- Excellent Acquisition Story: The acquisition of Havells India has created a great history of the acquisition. It acquired the Sylvania lighting business the Frankfurt-based company that is a world leader in the business of lighting.
- HD R&D investment: High R&D Investment Havells India has a high investment in R&D which has allowed them to develop a variety of innovative ways to create high-quality products.
- Production in-house In-house Manufacturing Havells India has an in-house manufacturing facility for their products that is easy to track the production process.
Weaknesses of Havells India – SWOT Analysis Of Havells India
- Rate of Debt: Havells India is estimated to have a high ratio of debt, which is a major weakness to its success in business.
- small market share on the global level: Small Market Share at the Global Level Havells India tends to have only a tiny market share globally. Because of this, the company is not as well-known in any location.
- The slowdown in Real Estate: At the time of a decline in the market for real estate market, Havells India is said to perform poorly because of the economic impact.
- World Market performance: The performance of the global market will impact the processes that are operated by Havells India more adversely especially following a string of acquisitions.
- The Switchgear Sector: Havells India has a weak place in the Industrial switchgear sector.
Opportunities of Havells India – Havells India SWOT analysis
- Worldwide developing market: The world’s emerging markets Havells India will have to be visible at the international level in order to improve their business activities.
- Concentrate on weak Segment: The company must focus on its weaker segment. This will allow them to have greater opportunities to grow their business activities.
- Chinese Firms Acquisition: Havells India sees a good chance to acquire manufacturing facilities that are low-cost for Chinese companies.
- The growth in the customer market: The company is expecting its customer market to expand by 15% to 15 percent. This will result in higher business revenue for the business.
- Business diversification: Moving higher in on the value chain can, in actuality give you more opportunities to explore new business domains for the business.
Threats of Havells India – SWOT analysis of Havells India
- Delay in Power projects: (Havells India) Havells India’s delay in execution of power projects poses an immediate threat to the business as it negatively impacts its reputation as well as revenues from business.
- Non-organized market: Unorganized market tends to slow off its operations which could pose a serious risk to the business.
- Modifying government policies: The often changes in the policies of the government are a major obstacle to commercial sales.
- One Entry to business: Havells India sees a maximum revenue that is derived from India and consequently its business revenue is primarily based dependent on Indian economic conditions. This poses a significant risk to the general growth of the business.
You May Also Like:
- Universal Parks SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Universal Parks
- Tesla Swot Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Tesla Motors
- Lidl SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Lidl
- BP SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of BP
- Marks & Spencer SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Marks & Spencer
Overview Template of Havells India SWOT analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Havells India. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.