Polo Ralph Lauren SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Polo Ralph Lauren: Polo Ralph Lauren is a well-known name that sells lifestyle items including clothes, accessories, and other products. It is owned through the Ralph Lauren Corporation the brand is well-known in the market for its collared T-shirts an appearance that is thought to be the hallmark that the label.
The principal product of the company is a variety of clothing products comprised of clothing for women, men, and children, shoes as well as eyewear, watches caps, hats, jewelry as well as wallets, belts as well as other leather products like suitcases and bags. A segment that isn’t very well-liked for Ralph Lauren is its range of home items including bath and bed furniture, fabrics, and wallpaper. They also offer lighting paint, tabletops, and gifts.
Polo Ralph Lauren also has an array of popular perfumes for women and men that are sold separately and they also have two restaurants, namely The Polo Bar and Ralph’s Coffee situated within New York City, RL Restaurant located in Chicago, and Ralph’s located in Paris.
Polo Ralph Lauren fun facts: Lauren’s clothes were featured in Jack Clayton’s 1974 adaptation of The Great Gatsby, in which leading man Robert Redford dons a wonderful collection of dapper suits. Some of Lauren’s clothes were also featured in Woody Allen’s Annie Hall, with Diane Keaton’s character owning a tuxedo jacket from the legendary designer.
About Polo Ralph Lauren – SWOT analysis of Polo Ralph Lauren
Company: The Ralph Lauren company
CEO: Patrice Louvet
Founder: Ralph Lauren
Year founded: 1967
Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
Annual Revenue: USD$6.2 Billion
Profit | Net income: US$252 million
Number of employees: 20,250
Products & Services: Luxury clothing | Footwear | Fragrances | Housewares | Furniture | Jewelry
Polo Ralph Lauren Competitors
SWOT analysis of Polo Ralph Lauren – Polo Ralph Lauren SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Polo Ralph Lauren is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Polo Ralph Lauren evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Polo Ralph Lauren’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Polo Ralph Lauren.
Let’s talk about Polo Ralph Lauren’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Polo Ralph Lauren – Polo Ralph Lauren SWOT analysis
- The Art of Visionary Leadership: The most important factor in the success of Polo Ralph Lauren is the never-say-die mindset of Ralph Lauren who rose from the ashes to become a millionaire. Through an innovative style and comfortable style, Polo Ralph Lauren managed to create an empire in the fashion world for itself.
- Style: Quite unlike other fashion trends that disappear quickly The polo neck T-shirts Ralph Lauren was designing endured the tests of time. This is due to the fact that it was not just fashionable and trendy, but it also remained comfortable. The T-shirt, which could be worn casually and semi-casual was able to go well with semi-formal or jeans. The style was so that it could be adapted to the individual style and preferences of a majority of individuals.
- Multiple channels: Polo Ralph Lauren sells its merchandise via various channels. The wholesale segment operates through high-end department stores as well as specialty stores, Polo, and golf shops. The retail portion of the brand is operated by the operation of 490 stores that provide an overall retail area in the range of around 3.8 million square feet in which it offers its luxurious clothing. Additionally, Polo Ralph Lauren also sells on their own website and partners with the top e-commerce retailers. The company also has 580 shop-within-shops with concessions, which are located at around 220 retail locations located throughout Asia, Australia, and Europe.
- Innovative Marketing Strategies: Aspects of ingenuity in marketing, which is a constant effort by Ralph Lauren are also another reason for its popularity. A few of their campaigns include the 4D digital projection technology campaign that was launched throughout the United Kingdom by the brand. The campaign lasted for 8 minutes and was like a film and provided an actual experience for the customers.
Weaknesses of Polo Ralph Lauren – SWOT Analysis Of Polo Ralph Lauren
- There are too many sub-brands: The company owns several sub-brands as well. Their presence reduced the three primary brand names Polo, Ralph Lauren, and Lauren which make up nearly 70% of the overall revenue of the firm. As a result, some of the more recent brands are catching up, and some even jumped ahead on the track.
- In inventory that has not been used: The lead times of the business are extremely long with 15 months on average. This has led to lots of inventory unutilized which has caused the business to market their items at reduced prices. Also, there is a major lack of a centralized system to manage inventory.
- Margins are Low: Lack of a comprehensive supply chain management system, problems with suppliers, and the increase in competition have all pushed up the costs for the company and rendered them ineffective at increasing costs. This has resulted in low margins.
Opportunities of Polo Ralph Lauren – Polo Ralph Lauren SWOT analysis
- The growth of the emerging markets: With the availability of online stores, the majority of customers in emerging economies such as China, India, and so on. are finding it easier to shop for foreign clothes brands. Also, there is a cultural change in these areas, where semi-casuals at work are replacing formal attire. This is likely to lead to a rise in the demand for comfortable T-shirts such as Polo shirts.
Threats of Polo Ralph Lauren – SWOT analysis of Polo Ralph Lauren
- Competition: The main competitors of Polo Ralph Lauren are United Colors Of Benetton, Van Heusen, and US Polo.
- Advertising: Polo Ralph Lauren is more popular with middle-aged women and men mostly due to its color and appearance. Since increasing fashion brands focus on young people and young people, over the long term the image of this brand could affect brand image in a negative way.
You May Also Like:
- Banana Republic SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Banana Republic
- Standard Chartered Bank SWOT analysis
- Dolce & Gabbana SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Dolce & Gabbana
- Diesel SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Diesel
- Citibank SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Citibank
Overview Template of Polo Ralph Lauren SWOT analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Polo Ralph Lauren. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.