Diesel SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Diesel: Diesel is an internationally renowned name for designer clothing and other merchandise that is based in Breganze, Italy. The company, which was founded by designer Renzo Rozzo began by making tailor-made jeans that were crafted to perfect perfection. Today, the brand is an impressive player in the field of casual clothes with two main product brands: Diesel as well as Diesel Gold. The brand also produces clothing for children under the brand name Diesel Kids and has footwear and accessories available under its umbrella. Apart from that it also offers perfumes, which have recently been acquired by the major cosmetics company L’Oreal.
Diesel is a brand that is well-liked by urban young people, Diesel makes clothes that are stylish and comfortable. The prices are reasonable, Diesel is a brand that made denim a fashionable decision that anyone could afford. Diesel is renowned for its young images and the customers who have turned the brand into an instant cult. The company had an annual turnover of $3 billion dollars and is still one of the top sellers of denim around the globe.
Diesel fun facts: When Diesel first sold jeans to retailers, they thought they were being sold 2nd hand jeans, and returned them immediately after.
About Diesel – SWOT analysis of Diesel
Company: Diesel S.p.A.
CEO: Massimo Piombini
Founder: Renzo Rosso | Adriano Goldschmied
Year founded: 1978, Molvena, Colceresa, Italy
Headquarters: Breganze, Italy
Annual Revenue: Euro1.53 billion
Profit | Net income: Euro212 million
Number of employees: 2,300
Products & Services: Apparel & Fashion, Accessories, and Lifestyle
SWOT analysis of Diesel – Diesel SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Diesel is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Diesel evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Diesel’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Diesel.
Let’s talk about Diesel’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Diesel – Diesel SWOT analysis
- A strong image of the brand: Diesel is an iconic denim brand that is very popular among young people across the globe. It is an image of good-quality denim that is not just trendy and comfortable, but soft as well. To keep its brand’s image, Diesel is always mindful of the fashion of the current generation and customizing its denim to meet the demands of each generation.
- Selectional distribution: Diesel was a brand that helped make denim a worldwide phenomenon and introduced the denim brand all over the world. But a variety of different brands for casual attire began popping up and to protect its brand’s image and appeal the company chose to go to use the distribution of its products in a selective manner, cutting its footprint from a worldwide 10,000 stores to five thousand.
- advertising strategies: Diesel is a brand that has made an image change by way of a variety of strange advertisements. Certain of their ads are shocking, and the controversy that they have created has benefited the brand and made the image of a young one more energized.
- A strong web website: Diesel was one of the first brands in denim to enter the digital world and like its other campaigns, it has been innovating with regard to social media. The most effective campaign on social media was the app Be Stupid at Work which transforms the Facebook webpage into an Excel sheet that aids those who do not want to be seen on Facebook when at work. The result was that their brand’s visibility increased massively and had a significant impact on sales around the world.
- Famous Support: Diesel has always been loved by the A-list of youth icons. From famous directors such as David La Chapelle, or models such as Sara Cumming or Ernest Klimko. Diesel is always a favorite among young stars.
Weaknesses of Diesel – SWOT Analysis Of Diesel
- The declining marketplace for denim: The demand for denim and other denim types has been declining all over the globe and in the past year, it dropped by 8 %.This affects the selling of a lot of jeans brands and, for Diesel which is principally positioned in this area, it is a major impact.
- The brand’s image is being diluted: In the effort to beat market pressures and competition Diesel has been expanding its range quickly. In the long term but this has affected the image of the brand in a negative way and the message of the brand is difficult to understand.
- Alienation of key market: Diesel in its effort to enter global markets and establish a market presence has become too popular and everybody would like to own the Diesel. This has alienated their primary customers, namely famous people, and opinion leaders.
Opportunities of Diesel – Diesel SWOT analysis
- Development across Asia: There is immense potential in Asia and even though there are many regional brands becoming popular and also American companies, Diesel is well known in this region. The rising income, as well as the rising mobile population and gender-based equations within the youth population, are all patterns in this region that are likely to drive denim sales.
Threats of Diesel – SWOT analysis of Diesel
- Competitors: The main competitors of Diesel are Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Forever 21, Lee Calvin Kelin, and Wrangler.
- Fake products: Diesel struggles to maintain the counterfeit merchandise and imitations of lower quality under control, and this is posing a major threat to the company’s reputation.
You May Also Like:
- Reckitt Benckiser SWOT analysis
- Marico SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Marico
- Polo Ralph Lauren SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Polo Ralph Lauren
- Listerine SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Listerine
- Kaya Skin Care Clinic SWOT analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Diesel. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.