Rexona SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Rexona: Rexona is one of the lines of personal-care products which was initially introduced by Unilever to its Australian marketplace. Today, this brand is the most sought-after in 115 countries around the globe. Rexona is a well-known manufacturer of antiperspirant products. They consist of roll-ons, soaps, sprays, and deodorants that are suitable for females and males.
A company that is a market leader in antiperspirant items, Rexona is available under many names in different countries. While in India and other parts of Asia, Rexona is more well-known as soap, in other regions of the world, Rexona is advertised as a deodorant for antiperspirants and roll-on. The intense freshness of fragrances and flavors such as lime and mind, which are synonymous with Rexona have given the product the most refreshing and cool feel. Rexona is also well-known due to its involvement in different sports activities and has been a sponsor for several of them.
Rexona fun facts: In the 1960s the world met Rexona antiperspirant. It was then introduced in Finland and quickly rolled out to the rest of the world. Rexona was bought by British soap maker Lever Bros, who would soon join Dutch Margarine Unie to form Unilever. Sure’s® first advertising campaign launched in the 1920s.
About Rexona – SWOT analysis of Rexona
- 1 About Rexona – SWOT analysis of Rexona
- 2 Rexona Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Rexona – Rexona SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Rexona – Rexona SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Rexona – SWOT Analysis Of Rexona
- 6 Opportunities of Rexona – Rexona SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of Rexona – SWOT analysis of Rexona
- 8 Overview Template of Rexona SWOT analysis
CEO: Santiago Iturralde
Year founded: 1908
Headquarters: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Number of employees: 77
Products & Services: Deo sticks | Deodorant
SWOT analysis of Rexona – Rexona SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Rexona is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Rexona evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Rexona’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Rexona.
Let’s talk about Rexona’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Rexona – Rexona SWOT analysis
- The same brand with various brands: Rexona has been sold in a variety of countries around the globe but under different names. In the UK it is sold under the brand name Sure and it is sold in the USA as well as Canada it is referred to as Degree. Rexona has been marketed as Rexena throughout Japan and Korea and the product is sold as Rexena in Korea and Japan. In South Africa, it is known as Shield. No matter what its name is, the formula that the item is identical and it is the top-selling product in the category of antiperspirants.
- The first one-billion-dollar brand: Rexona has been the only brand within the category of antiperspirants to surpass the 1 billion dollar global sales threshold. Rexona has seen steady double-digit growth across every market it’s selling in for the past 10 years.
- Partnership with Unilever: There is no brand that has the ability to compete with Unilever in the fast-paced market for consumer items market and the firm is the undisputed leader in this area. This strong presence has contributed to the success of the brand Rexona increasing its appeal in every market that it sells in.
- First mover benefit: The first Rexona deodorant was launched in 1969. The product was the first to introduce consumers to the idea of applying antiperspirants for the very first time. Rexona is also among the brands that first changed the scope of its product line for globalization as it was able to take on various forms and brands for different markets.
- Variety of: Rexona has a large selection of products within its umbrella, which include deodorants for women and men and cosmetics for the body, roll-ons perfumes, and soaps. The most well-known variants comprise Wome Aloe Vera Deodorant Women’s Whitening Deodorant Rexona Soap, Rexona Sport for Men, Rexona Men Sports Defence Roll-on, etc.
Weaknesses of Rexona – SWOT Analysis Of Rexona
- Insufficient awareness of the product: Unilever has been focusing on establishing relationships with customers who live in rural areas in emerging economies. Although they have had success in the logistics aspect and in many different product types, particularly in the category of personal hygiene, particularly antiperspirants, the customers weren’t aware of the need for this product which negatively affected sales.
- The competition from internal brands: Unilever has a lot of internal brands that aren’t directly competing in the space of antiperspirants. Some brands such as Lux or Dove that had established positions in the soap industry can easily gain customers in the antiperspirants market, which impacted Rexona’s sales and diminished its percentage of market shares for the product.
- Marketing the idea: Antiperspirants deal with a problem with body smell, which a majority of people have, yet are hesitant to discuss problems like these because they’re extremely private. Therefore, in order to deliver marketing messages, the company found it difficult, especially since people were not comfortable acknowledging that they suffered from problems such as body odor.
Opportunities of Rexona – Rexona SWOT analysis
- Scope of diversification: FMCG companies have been searching for the potential for diversification, and companies like Rexona must think outside of antiperspirants. They could look at other related issues such as products for hair care that treat scalp irritation, and dandruff the prickly heat powder that kids use, and more. They could all turn out to as new opportunities for the business.
Threats of Rexona – SWOT analysis of Rexona
- Competition: Rexona faces a number of companies like Lux, Dove, Yardley, Axe, etc.
- Chemicals used: There are allegations that firms like Unilever make use of a large number of harmful chemicals within their product. The customers are concerned about the chemical content of these products and prefer to substitute these products using ayurvedic products.
You May Also Like:
- Tiffany and Co SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Tiffany and Co
- Sephora SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Sephora
- Fab India SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Fab India
- Coach SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Coach
- Victoria’s Secret SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Victoria’s Secret
Overview Template of Rexona SWOT analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Rexona. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.