Fab India SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Fab India: Fab India can be described as a well-known retailer brand located in India that sells traditional, handloom-woven clothes made by artisans throughout the country. The company is known because of its long-lasting and conformable clothing. A brand that promotes many dying crafts and dying art is also a trusted brand that connects the craftsmen and weavers directly with the customer.
The company was founded in 1960, by the late John Bissel, was originally an exporter of furniture and bed linen, and now it is among the leading sellers of handwoven clothes, and has outlets in every major city in the nation.
The business aims to offer job opportunities for weavers, craftsmen as well as traditional craftsmen and encourage dying crafts and arts across all regions of India. At present, Fab India has 111 outlets in different parts of India and six outlets in the world and offers jobs to more than 3000 weavers and craftsmen.
Fab India fun facts: Fabindia started out as a company exporting home furnishings. The first Fabindia retail store was opened in Greater Kailash, New Delhi fifteen years later.
About Fab India – SWOT analysis of Fab India
Company: Fabindia Limited
CEO: Viney Singh
Founder: John Bissell
Year founded: 1960
Headquarters: New Delhi
Annual Revenue: INR1,059 crore
Profit | Net income: INR116 crore
Number of employees: 744
Products & Services: Textiles, Garments,Stationery, Furniture, Home accessories, Ceramics, Organic foods, and Bodycare products
Fab India Competitors
SWOT analysis of Fab India – Fab India SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Fab India is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Fab India evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Fab India’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Fab India.
Let’s talk about Fab India’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Fab India – Fab India SWOT analysis
- Strategy: The primary reason for the success of Fab India is its strategy which transforms the artisans from across India into assets and shares profits between them. This comes with a myriad of advantages. In addition to providing a source of income for craftsmen from the past who have quit their expertise to pursue more lucrative jobs, they also make sure that urban residents are able to access traditional crafts.
- Traditional position: The company positions itself as a supplier of authentic Indian handlooms, which are obtained from craftsmen who were the original. The handloom is sold in a variety of kinds of products like clothing for women, men, and children, mostly in ethnic patterns bedding, bedroom furniture, bed linen, and jewelry that is traditional designs. The company also offers lighting, lamp stationery, home, and office accessories as well as pottery and cutlery.
- The Trust of Customers: It is a brand that has earned a good degree of trust from customers. The items are created using pure handlooms that are made and designed as being made by skilled craftsmen from their respective home marketplaces. These products are of top quality and original. The customers from Fab India are highly loyal to their brand and rarely buy from other businesses.
- Designs: FabIndia is a dealer of traditional handlooms. Their designs are unique. Many of their most popular prints, like blocks, Ikkat pochampalli, and kalmkari are based in origin and created by those who have been practicing these techniques for a long time. These prints are simply unique and unique.
- Good relations with suppliers: The key strength of FabIndia is their craftsmen of the past who reside in multiple villages across the country. They are connected to over 30,000 artisans, and the company offers modern designs, support for networks, and connections and also trains the artisans on technology as well as making the necessary investment in production. They are compensated well for their work.
Weaknesses of Fab India – SWOT Analysis Of Fab India
- Costly: Fab India is a brand that is very costly with their goods high valued in relation to other products available on market. marketplace. The business, which is a non-profit company invests its profits back into the company. However, the cost of doing so frequently prevents customers from all income levels from purchasing FabIndia products.
- Low penetration in smaller townships: Though Fab India is an Indian company that is a specialist in handloom and ethnic wear, however, the brand has been incredibly unsuccessful in getting into the small towns of India. The majority of their showrooms are in the larger cities.
- Stores that are independent: Fab India is not selling its products through other retailers, but is solely a range of stores that are independent. To preserve the image of exclusivity, the company is also not dependent on wholesale businesses. This limits their volume significantly.
Opportunities of Fab India – Fab India SWOT analysis
- A focus on traditions: Indian handlooms are growing in importance not just across India in the region of Asia but all over the world. Traditional textiles from India are also being promoted by famous designers on international clothing occasions and are worn in the presence of celebrities on high-profile red carpet occasions. This suggests that there is plenty of demand in the market for Fab India products in the world market.
Threats of Fab India – SWOT analysis of Fab India
- Competition: The biggest competitors of Fab India are Mother Earth, Dastakar, and Khadi Gramodyog.
- State-owned cooperatives owned by the state: Governments both in the center as well as the state try to encourage traditional crafts and arts and provide incentives to artisans. They prefer selling their work to the state through incentives that and incentives that are lower.
You May Also Like:
- Berkshire Hathaway SWOT Analysis
- Bulgari SWOT analysis – SWOT Analysis of Bulgari
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts SWOT analysis
- Kmart SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Kmart
- Rolex SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Rolex
Overview Template of Fab India SWOT analysis
By having a closer look over the matrices used for financial analysis, it is said that the financial statements hold notable importance because it evaluates the management performance, plans, and corporate strategy for the future.
In addition, financial analysis helps companies in making more informed decisions for the firm. The underlying objective of the financial analysis is organizing the financial statement as well as other accounting data of an organization enabling comparisons with other companies, also enabling accurately evaluating raw data. In short, it provides the basis for the company’s executives, analysts, and managers of making the company profitable in the forthcoming years (Helfert, 2017).
This is the SWOT analysis of Fab India. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.