Mango SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Mango: Mango is one of the Spanish clothing retailers that specialize in female-specific clothing. The clothing brand located in Barcelona offers casual and semi-casual apparel for women, men as well as children. The company produces a number of 18,000, which includes casuals, jeans, and other clothing items.
The company is owned by Spanish billionaire Isak Andik aims at creating trendy clothes that are fashionable in men’s, women’s, and kids ‘ fashions and sell the clothes to customers at reasonable costs. The company operates activities in 109 countries and has an annual revenue of 2.6 billion dollars.
With a workforce of 13,456 people, the company has around 2375 stores in the markets that are exclusive stores that carry Marketing91’s branding. The brand’s designers manufacture and distribute all their products in their own way. It also retails its merchandise on the website mangoshop.com.
Mango fun facts: Mango compaany’s tagline on Instagram is “Welcome to the home of Mediterranean style and culture.”
About Mango – SWOT analysis of Mango
Company: Punto Fa, S.L.
CEO: Toni Ruiz
Founder: Isak Andic | Nahman Andic
Year founded: 1984, Palau-solità i Plegamans, Spain
Annual Revenue: Euro€1.84 billion
Profit | Net income: Euro€194 million
Number of employees: 16,000
Products & Services: Mango company designs, Manufactures, and markets Women’s and Men’s Clothing and Accessories.
SWOT analysis of Mango – Mango SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Mango is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Mango evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Mango’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Mango.
Let’s talk about Mango’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Mango – Mango SWOT analysis
- Powerful diversification strategies: Mango was traditionally a supplier of women’s clothes. However, the company quickly realized that there was potential in other areas after which it began diversifying into men’s, children’s, and teen clothing, which helped expand its business and boost its profits.
- Design: Quite unlike their biggest rival Zara who is famous for copying styles of popular fashion and designer brands, Mango is known for its distinctive design. Mango’s focus Mango is creating fashionable and comfortable clothing that is trendy but also durable and long-lasting.
- Dynamic Product Line: Mango started off by creating glitzy and glamorous party attire for women. The clothes were mostly shiny and boasted vivid textures and rich hues. But, they were quick to recognize that what women wanted to buy frequently as clothing for everyday wear, so they changed their clothing lines to meet the growing need. They realized there was a gap in teenage clothing and quickly adapted their line of products to meet this demand. The ability to fine-tune and modify product lines is always an asset.
- Prices: In order to fight the competition, Mango has decided to provide clothes at an affordable price, but without compromising on quality. With this in mind, Mango has made the decision to outsource its design work to Asia in addition to Europe. They are looking to cut down on design display times.
- Fast turnaround times: The brand has reduced its stock turnaround time from two weeks to just two weeks, where new stock that is up to date with current trends is showcased every two weeks. This helps them attract more customers to their website and their showrooms.
Weaknesses of Mango – SWOT Analysis Of Mango
- Copying Zara: Being a Spanish brand, the most significant competitor to Mango has been Zara as well. The company is in a constant effort to compete with Zara in battle. The constant focus on being better than Zara has led to Mango being branded as trying to emulate Zara, the leading brand with regard to strategy as well as design.
- Unutilized stocks from Asia: Mango recently relocated to Asia. Asian marketplace and follows the same method of changing their displays for 2 weeks. As a company with a Western outlook, they’ve not been able to adjust to the market. This, along with the quick turnaround time has resulted in the accumulation of inventory that is not sold in the region.
- Usability of adapting to the new market: Mango has been expanding quickly into markets outside of Asia in Asia and Australia. However, it was unsuccessful in replicating the success it enjoyed previously in Europe in both markets. The reason may be that it was unable to adjust to the demands of clients in these regions.
Opportunities of Mango – Mango SWOT analysis
- The diversification and expansion of new product categories: Mango has been primarily an apparel brand, but there’s plenty of opportunity in other related categories, such as perfumes, eyewear, shoes and luggage, leather products, and more. Mango could be looking at expanding forward with these lines, especially in emerging markets such as Asia and Africa whose market is relatively uncrowded, but the demand is very high.
- Traditional Clothing: Migrating from the western style, Mango should look into the traditional clothing options available within Asia and Africa as the consumers here have a preference for traditional clothes in these regions.
Threats of Mango – SWOT analysis of Mango
- Contest: The main competitors of Mango are Zara, Berzka, and Forever 21.
- Segmentation: Though Mango has expanded into other segments such as children’s wear and menswear, Mango remains apparel for women’s brands. Mango’s image must be modified to last in the long term.
You May Also Like:
- Pepe Jeans SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Pepe Jeans
- VISA SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of VISA
- Limca SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Limca
- SpiceJet SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of SpiceJet
- Best Buy SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Best Buy
On the basis of analysis, it is concluded that both businesses have actually been controlling the Mango Popularizing Fashion case analysis market for the last 4 years. Both businesses have taken the competition to different markets by making their existences into the international markets and having production plants in different regional locations throughout Europe and Asia. The business needs to modify its items in order to gain the attention of the consumer towards its product and to inhabit a considerable market position.
This is the SWOT analysis of Mango. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.