Fevicol SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Fevicol: Fevicol can be described as an adhesive, glue, and sealant manufacturing company that was established in 1959, in India. It is controlled by Pidilite Industries Limited, an Indian company. Fevicol was initially marketed in India as a glue that is easy to use for carpenters. It was initially used as a stand-in for the use of fat and collagen adhesives that require boiling prior to application. Since Fevicol is widely used in consumer, craftsman engineering, industrial, and other adhesives, it’s sold in more than 54 countries which comprise about 50,000 sites in India.
Its trademark Fevicol glue can be described as transparent glue that appears like the appearance of a white viscous paste. The company has a range of variations that are a variation of this product which are designed to meet different features such as bonding, impact resistance stretching time to set, the ability to shrink as well as vibration and shock resistivity, resistance to fire, and more.
Fevicol MR is used for bonding paper, cardboard, and fabrics, as well as plywood and wood. Fevicol SH strongly binds wood and laminates as well as veneers, plywood MDF, as well as all kinds of board and cork. Fevicol is the most popular brand of adhesives sold in India.
Fevicol fun facts: Fevicol made its television debut in 1997 with its first television ad ‘Dum laga ke haisha’ featuring filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani. The tug of war visuals along with the elephant for an added effect became synonymous with the brand.
About Fevicol – SWOT analysis of Fevicol
Company : Fevicol
CEO: Bharat Puri
Founder: Balvant Parekh
Year founded: 1959
Headquarters: Mumbai, India
Annual Revenue: INR74.43 billion
Profit | Net income: INR1,119 crore
Products & Services: Fevicol | Fevicol MR | Dr. Fixit | Fevikwik | M-Seal | Fevistik
Competitors: Falcofix | Bluecoat | Vamicol | Araldite
SWOT analysis of Fevicol – Fevicol SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Fevicol is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Fevicol evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Fevicol’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Fevicol.
Let’s talk about Fevicol’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Fevicol – Fevicol SWOT analysis
- The value of the name: Brand value Fevicol being a household name is an iconic name for several generations. It has also become an alternative to everything that binds items. The brand is the most important bond to the Pidilite. The brand has brought out numerous new products that have contributed to bringing back the trade of carpentry in India.
- Marketing Strategy: The viral marketing campaign is an improvement within the company’s marketing strategy which has been a huge hit to the business.
- A strong distribution network: Strong distribution network Fevicol has an impressive supply and distribution network across India. Fevicol is home to around six thousand dealerships and retailers who assist the company sell its products. Due to this, Fevicol is now a well-known brand that has a great reputation in the eyes of its customers.
- A customer-friendly method: Customer-friendly approach Fevicol has a variety of packages and SKUs, and offers an extremely user-friendly method and ease of use.
- Worldwide presence: Global presence Fevicol has a wide marketplace reach thanks to its outreach to countries such as Singapore, Indonesia, South Africa, Thailand, Japan, and Chain. Also, there is an increase in sales of the brand in these areas.
- A good Market share: Fevicol is Fevicol is the leading market player within India in the adhesives category, Fevicol has a majority market share.
- Numerous brands: The brand Fevicol is a constant development that results in better and more innovative products which helps the company keep up with the ever-changing requirements of customers. Every product has been developed to satisfy the need for a durable adhesive.
Weaknesses of Fevicol – SWOT Analysis Of Fevicol
- A few fewer options for carpenters: There are fewer schemes for carpenters Fevicol has no programs or deals for carpenters, which is an enormous weakness of the company. Carpenter is a thriving business in India and is one of the biggest customers of the brand.
- The brand’s international presence: It is believed that Fevicol is a niche brand in terms of global presence, which is in reality an important weakness. It is recommended to expand its reach to European, Middle East, and American countries. This will help increase market share and sales.
- Carpenter-focused: The Fevicol label is concentrated on carpentry. Because its market is limited to a certain industry, it’s an enormous weakness for the brand.
Opportunities of Fevicol – Fevicol SWOT analysis
- Activities for promotion: Different below-the-line promotion actions Fevicol MR Buddy series, Champions Club for carpenters, etc. is a children’s art and craft show to showcase their talents. It is a wonderful way to showcase their brand and increase the awareness of their brand.
- A version of the product: Many variations in extensions and products such as Fevicol Speed, which binds things quick as well as Fevicol Marine, an underwater application have been a big popular choice among customers for their specific work.
- The increasing need for furniture: The purchasing of furniture made of wood increases constantly, which is a positive indicator of the potential for Fevicol. Fevicol brand.
Threats of Fevicol – SWOT analysis of Fevicol
- The industry of adhesives is less: There appears to be less of an entry barrier for the industry of adhesives because of this, new competitors can join the market quickly. This poses a serious danger to businesses.
- The reduction in the world economy: Global trade gets affected by the worldwide economy’s decline, and because of this exports suffer. This poses an opportunity for business.
- Crisis in the advertising: The result is an increase in the advertisement of Fevicol which results in less branding recall.
- The raw material: The raw material used in Fevicol depends on the crude oil price. Therefore, the company’s operational cost fluctuates because of this. This poses, in reality, the biggest threat to the company.
You May Also Like:
- SWOT analysis of Dr. Pepper Snapple – Dr. Pepper Snapple SWOT analysis
- LEE Jeans SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of LEE Jeans
- JetBlue SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of JetBlue
- J. crew SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of J. crew
- Fila SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Fila
Overview Template of Fevicol SWOT analysis
Fevicol is a big conglomerate that has become well known for its range of adhesive products. All of us have already heard about its 2 most popular products: Fevicol and M-Seal. In the SWOT analysis of Pidilite, we observed how the company makes good use of its branding strategies and distributor network to emerge as the market leader and how its over-dependence on Fevicol has turned out to be its biggest weakness.
They do have thought of a few long-term plans which will help them to reduce weakness and retain their position as the market leader for a long time. With increasing competition in this saturated market, companies are left to use more innovative marketing strategies and campaigns to retain profits and see gradual growth.
This is the SWOT analysis of Fevicol. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.