Johnson & Johnson SWOT Analysis: Johnson & Johnson has always been associated with the creation of products that care gently for infants. The company offers a line of products that can meet the smallest requirements of a newborn and their products are suited to infants to toddlers. The company has designed its baby-care products as safe and gentle and makes sure that they adhere to the most rigorous quality standards in making sure that the products are safe for delicate skin.
The products in the Johnson Baby care line include baby oil, soap Shampoos, body scrubs hair oil cream and lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste, nappies diaper creams wet wipes, and hair brushes among other things. The products they offer are tested in the most sophisticated labs to ensure that they are not causing any harm to the baby’s skin. Their formulations have been proven successful over time. Johnson & Johnson through an extremely delicate marketing campaign has managed to achieve a leading position in the field of infant health worldwide.
Johnson & Johnson fun facts: Johnson & Johnson’s Credo has been translated into numerous dialects and languages, starting from Arabic and Arabic to Vietnamese which has 342 phrases in English and the word 415 in Romanian along with 607 terms in Chinese language.
About Johnson & Johnson – SWOT analysis of Johnson & Johnson
- 1 About Johnson & Johnson – SWOT analysis of Johnson & Johnson
- 2 Johnson & Johnson Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Johnson & Johnson – Johnson & Johnson SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Johnson & Johnson – Johnson & Johnson SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Johnson & Johnson – SWOT Analysis Of Johnson & Johnson
- 6 Opportunities of Johnson & Johnson – Johnson & Johnson SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of Johnson & Johnson – SWOT analysis of Johnson & Johnson
- 8 Overview Template of Johnson & Johnson SWOT analysis
- 9 Conclusion
Company: Johnson & Johnson
CEO: Alex Gorsky
Founder: James Wood Johnson | Edward Mead Johnson | Robert Wood Johnson
Year founded: January 1886
Headquarters: New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Annual Revenue: USD$82.06 Billion
Profit | Net income: USD$15.30 Billion
Number of employees: 126,500
Products & Services: Medical Devices | Pharmaceutical | Consumer Packaged Goods
Johnson & Johnson Competitors
SWOT analysis of Johnson & Johnson – Johnson & Johnson SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Johnson & Johnson is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Johnson & Johnson evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Johnson & Johnson’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Johnson & Johnson.
Let’s talk about Johnson & Johnson’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Johnson & Johnson – Johnson & Johnson SWOT analysis
- Achieved diversification: Johnson & Johnson recognized a market for baby care, and with a successful range of products, expanded into the market. The company today has products that meet the baby’s needs, from diaper cream to powder.
- Trust in the customer: Babycare is a product line in which the main reason for a consumer’s buying behavior will be the degree of trust mothers have for this brand. Johnson Johnson has had great success in gaining trust from their customers in their segment with a series of highly effective advertising campaigns, as well as products that keep up with the promises of the name.
- Concentrate on research: Johnson’s Baby Care products aren’t just built on research conducted by customers. When the need has been identified through research conducted by customers there is a significant amount of research in the lab as well as tests of products for safety on the skin behind the scenes. These processes guarantee that the products created through the firm are secure for the skin and are also able to satisfy the needs that they say they will.
- The focus is on the characteristics: Besides just offering cleanliness and hygiene in their baby products, Johnson & Johnson also concentrates on ensuring that their products build an unbreakable bond between mom and child. The products are also designed to bring multi-sensory experiences for infants that will aid in their cognitive and emotional advancement.
- Testimonial advertisements: Johnson’s Baby care products have always relied on a dual-pronged strategy for advertising. The first one is to show the bond between a mother and her child and the second is testimonials from experts such as doctors or medical experts. This method has contributed to increasing the confidence that consumers have in the brand.
Weaknesses of Johnson & Johnson – SWOT Analysis Of Johnson & Johnson
- Limited scope for creativity: In baby care, the possibilities for innovation are very limited. The company initially concentrated on developing new types of products that were built on the requirements invented by the business itself. But, after that, exhausted, the company has been trying to come up with new variations, and innovations in its products have been limited to new flavors or fragrances.
- The shift towards organic products: Millenial parents are extremely worried about the use of chemical-based baby care products, and due to increased exposure online, these worries are growing. This has led to many parents choosing to go with natural products over those purchased, and they prefer organic products. Johnson & Johnson currently does not offer an organic line within the range.
- The capability to compete with regional brands: In most countries around the world, the baby-care market is controlled by local companies. In India for instance, Johnson & Johnson faces extreme heat from the Himalaya Baby care line which also includes a range variety of organic products. This is becoming an immense problem for the business.
Opportunities of Johnson & Johnson – Johnson & Johnson SWOT analysis
- The diversification of organic baby products: with the increasingly negative press coverage about the use of chemical ingredients in baby care products and the adverse effects, companies like Johnson & Johnson which have established their presence in the market need to look into diversifying to organic products, or adding more natural ingredients into their products to remain relevant for the long haul.
Threats of Johnson & Johnson – SWOT analysis of Johnson & Johnson
- Competitors: Johnson’s Baby Care Products have a lot of competition from Himalaya Baby Care.
You May Also Like:
- Peter England SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Peter England
- SWOT Analysis of Huawei – Huawei SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis Oreo – Oreo SWOT Analysis
- AMD SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of AMD
- SWOT analysis of Lipton – Lipton SWOT analysis
Overview Template of Johnson & Johnson SWOT analysis
Johnson & Johnson is globally well known for its health and health-related products. The company has managed to maintain its place in the market since 1886. In the SWOT analysis of Johnson and Johnson, it is observed that the company has established itself in the market.
With the development of digital marketing, the company’s biggest hurdle is to manage its revenue and consumer products. Johnson & Johnson maintains a gender-equivalent environment however has fallen for some allegations.
This is the SWOT analysis of Johnson & Johnson. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.