Nestle Milkmaid SWOT analysis: Nestle Milkmaid is one of the well-known names that is sweetened condensed dairy that is often used as a component for Indian desserts. Although Nestle Milkmaid’s first journey in India was about a century ago, the brand that is now a household name has been around for a while, with the first version coming out in 1866. George Ham Page from Dixon, Illinois (USA) and his brother Charles the position of US Vice-Consul as well as the Commercial Attache of Zurich established a firm that produced as well as exported sugar-sweetened condensed milk from Cham (ZG).
The company first began to promote condensed milk across Europe as well as other areas. It joined with Nestle in 1905, and since then has been referred to as Nestle Milkmaid. Nestle Milkmaid offers two products in its product portfolio currently available in India specifically condensed milk which is sold as Nestle Milkmaid available in 400g containers as well as MilkMaid Creations, which are dessert mixes made of powder.
Nestle Milkmaid fun facts: Nestle company was named one of the “World’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine for the past 15 years.
About Nestle Milkmaid – SWOT analysis of Nestle Milkmaid
Company: Nestlé S.A.
CEO: Ulf Mark Schneider
Founder: Henri Nestlé
Year founded: 1866
Headquarters: Vevey, Vaud, Switzerland
Annual Revenue: CHF 87.10 billion
Profit | Net income: CHF17.20 billion
Number of employees: 276,000
Products & Services: Ambient Dairy | Chilled Dairy | Coffee | Bottled Water | Juices | Culinary and Foods | Confectionary | Baby Food | Breakfast Cereals
Nestle Milkmaid Competitors
Competitors: Mars | Mondelez | Hershey | Ferrero | Godiva | Pepsi co | Lindt | Kellogg’s
SWOT analysis of Nestle Milkmaid – Nestle Milkmaid SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Nestle Milkmaid is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Nestle Milkmaid evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Nestle Milkmaid’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Nestle Milkmaid.
Let’s talk about Nestle Milkmaid’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Nestle Milkmaid – Nestle Milkmaid SWOT analysis
- Leader in the market: In the organized market for condensed milk in India is estimated to be about 150 crores INR. Nestle Milk Maid is the undisputed market leader with a percentage of the market of 55 percent. It is the only strong competitor, which includes Amul’s Mithai Mate.
- The widespread distribution: The company owns its distribution channel which has three levels. The goods are then transported to headquarters at the corporate level and then disbursed to regional sales offices that are situated in all major cities which are then sent to different wholesalers or retail outlets within each region. Nestle is also the owner of its transport network.
- The association with Indian recipes: Condensed milk is an ingredient commonly used in western desserts. Initially, the company faced a number of issues regarding how to market the product in the eyes of Indian customers. Through a series of recipes that were popularized via the Internet and social media, Nestle Milk Maid has been successful in establishing a connection with Indian desserts and sweets.
- Promos: Nestle Milkmaid is advertised as a component in desserts and sweets, which can make the food more appealing. To promote the product, Nestle spent a lot of money, not only on advertisements but also by sponsoring cooking shows that were aired on various channels as well as hosting numerous cooking contests in which Nestle Milkmaid was included as a key ingredient.
- Innovative: Nestle has always been a pioneering company, and has been able to invent even within Milkmaid. Two recent innovations are a fruit-flavored milkshake targeted at children known as Nestle Milkmaid Funshake and the Nestle Milkmaid Creations, a variety of dessert mixes that are powdered.
Weaknesses of Nestle Milkmaid – SWOT Analysis Of Nestle Milkmaid
- Packaging: Nestle MilkMaid can be found in a single kind of packaging: a tin of 400 grams. This is because the type of packaging utilized helps keep the freshness and flavor of the condensed milk that can’t remain in bags or plastic bags.
- Shelf life is poor: Nestle Milk Maid has very little shelf life. Once the tin is opened, it can not be stored for a long time. That means once the tin is opened the buyer must make sure that the contents of the tin are utilized completely. This can reduce the usefulness of the product.
- Pricey: Nestle Milkmaid is an expensive product that comes in an ounce of 400g that costs the price of Rs 113. This means that the product can target only wealthy urban customers. Therefore, it is not able to serve the large market.
- Low knowledge: Nestle Milk Maid is only popular in the cities in India. In Tier two towns and villages in which people might be inclined to purchase the product, there is not much awareness of the way in which it is to be utilized. Also, many are skeptical about its usefulness to be used as an ingredient for Indian desserts and sweets.
Opportunities of Nestle Milkmaid – Nestle Milkmaid SWOT analysis
- Version with low sugar, or no sugar: The public is becoming more conscious of how much sugar they consume. in this respect, Nestle Milk Maid could offer a low-sugar or sugar-free variant of the products to appeal to healthier consumers.
- Shows about cooking: Mainstream Television has many famous cookery shows like MasterChef. Through the inclusion of Milkmaid as an ingredient in recipes on these shows with a very high TRP, the popularity of the brand is enhanced.
Threats of Nestle Milkmaid – SWOT analysis of Nestle Milkmaid
- Competitors: Milkmaid is currently the market leader in the organized dessert mix market, with a market share of approximately 55 %.Its closest rival in that sector is Mithai Mate from Amul.
You May Also Like:
- Decathlon SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Decathlon
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Creams SWOT analysis
- Avon SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Avon
- Air Canada SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Air Canada
- Capgemini SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Capgemini
Overview Template of Nestle Milkmaid SWOT analysis
Nestle group’s ever-growing product portfolio and its global presence are attributed to its focus on its core strengths and its alignment with the opportunities available. At the same time, Nestle focuses on threats and has to work on its weaknesses to tackle every change in the environment.
I have touched upon what is the SWOT analysis of Nestle company and also provided answers to these questions like Why is Nestle so successful? What are the weaknesses of Nestle? What are the strengths of Nestle? What is Nestle’s current position in the market?
It is a robust yet straightforward tool that can be applied to numerous situations, industries, and decisions to analyze and get a head start on robust decision-making.
This is the SWOT analysis of Nestle Milkmaid. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.