Taj Hotels SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Taj Hotels: Taj Group of Hotels is an international hotel chain that is owned by Tata Group. Tata Group. The hotel chain is home to more than 100 hotels across India in addition to businesses in other countries such as Bhutan, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, UAE, UK, USA, and Zambia.
The hotel chain reported its net earnings in the amount of 9.4 million and has employed more than 25000 individuals in its hotels around the globe. The hotel chain that was established in 1903 was among the most prestigious luxurious hotel chains in this region, and therefore has a long tradition of hospitality. Alongside hotels, the chain also operates resorts and safaris that are under the umbrella.
Taj Group hotels offer a variety of amenities for guests, including rooms that have spas, jacuzzis multi-cuisine restaurants, bars, pools, restaurants, cafés, fitness centers along with banquet facilities. Alongside the hotel industry as well, they also provide catering and banquet services. Taj Group of Hotels also offers airline catering services across South East Asia.
The chain of hotels has numerous properties in major tourist destinations which makes it a preferred option for leisure travelers and also in major cities which makes it a popular choice for business travelers.
Taj Hotels fun facts: During World War I (1914 to 1918), the Taj Hotel was turned into a 600-bed hospital to treat the injured victims.
About Taj Hotels – SWOT analysis of Taj Hotels
- 1 About Taj Hotels – SWOT analysis of Taj Hotels
- 2 Taj Hotels Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Taj Hotels – Taj Hotels SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Taj Hotels – Taj Hotels SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Taj Hotels – SWOT Analysis Of Taj Hotels
- 6 Opportunities of Taj Hotels – Taj Hotels SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of Taj Hotels – SWOT analysis of Taj Hotels
Company: The Indian Hotels Company Limited
CEO: Puneet Chhatwal
Founder: Jamsetji Tata
Year founded: 1903
Annual Revenue: INR1,134 crore
Profit | Net income: INR227.08 crore
Number of employees: 25,906
Products & Services: Modern business hotels | Luxury resorts | Authentic heritage palaces | Rustic safari lodges
Taj Hotels Competitors
Competitors: Oberoi Hotels & Resorts | Accor Hotels | The Leela Palaces | Stamford Hotels and Resorts | Capella Hotel Group | Pestana Hotel Group | Dorchester Collection | The Park Hotels | The Peninsula | Radisson Hotels
SWOT analysis of Taj Hotels – Taj Hotels SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Taj Hotels is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Taj Hotels evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Taj Hotels’ SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Taj Hotels.
Let’s talk about Taj Hotels’ SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Taj Hotels – Taj Hotels SWOT analysis
- Catering to various categories: The Taj Group of Hotels offers something to every segment. While TajVivanta serves the category, Taj is the luxury segment, Gateway the upscale, and Ginger the economy segment. This guarantees that no matter what the level of income, all guests opt for the Taj Hotel for their stay.
- The Business Philosophies: The strategy of business for the Taj is been based on the idea that not all people are the same. This is why by clearly segmenting the marketplace the hotel has been able clearly to distinguish its offerings, not only to meet the needs of various income levels as well as different styles of living.
- Facilities: The Taj Group of Hotels includes a wide range of amenities in their hotels. The hotels offer a wide range of facilities for guests such as spas, rooms, jacuzzis, multi-cuisine eateries as well as swimming pools, bars restaurants, resto cafés fitness centers, and banquet halls. Some of the hotels also have huge convention centers that can host large conferences. gathering.
- Customer loyalty programs: Quite unlike other hotel chains that are looking at loyalty programs within the Taj Group the customer is provided with the opportunity to earn points for any stay at all properties within the group. The most important feature of their loyalty programs is their auto-upgrade to better quality accommodation within the chain. For instance, a guest who has a habit of staying at the Ginger Hotel may get an upgrade to the TajVivanta or Taj in the event that they accumulate enough loyalty points.
- Services Difference: The Tajresearch team has identified 150 touch points within the customer experience starting from the time an individual enters their hotel until the moment they leave, where there is a face-to contact. Hotel chains have made sure that at each of these locations there is a clear and distinct service distinction.
- Concentrate on the business class: The hotel chain saw that there was potential for expansion in business-class travel, and so it opened Taj Residency a business-class hotel. The hotel chain also expanded out into smaller towns and cities, and this expansion has allowed them to expand the number of customers who patronize the business.
Weaknesses of Taj Hotels – SWOT Analysis Of Taj Hotels
- Customer Relationships: Hotels must be constantly on the lookout for ways to improve their performance in terms of managing customer relationships. The secret to your success is a collection of customer information that helps them understand your customers more effectively and offer personalized service. This is becoming very costly for Taj.
- Inequal growth among different segments: While economies and the upper-upscale segments were experiencing positive growth, the luxury segment was still slow. But the maintenance and upkeep expenses for luxurious hotels are significantly higher, and the return is low. Hotels have been pumping cash from their middle segments to fund the maintenance and upkeep of their luxurious hotels.
- The price for maintenance: The hotel maintenance expenses are increasing have a network of nearly 100 hotels in India and also other properties in countries such as Bhutan, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, UAE, UK, USA, and Zambia the cost of maintaining is getting too expensive.
Opportunities of Taj Hotels – Taj Hotels SWOT analysis
- Growth in towns that are smaller: The Taj Group of Hotels is a reputable company in the Indian market. The company is growing to smaller cities and towns something that is not possible for hoteliers from multinational chains.
Threats of Taj Hotels – SWOT analysis of Taj Hotels
- Competitors: The main competitors of the Taj Group of Hotels are Oberoi, Sheraton, Radisson, Hilton, Wyndham Worldwide as well as Intercontinental Hotels.
You May Also Like:
- Rado SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Rado
- Louis Philippe SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Louis Philippe
- KLM SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of KLM
- Havells India SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Havells India
- Easy Jet SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Easy Jet
This is the SWOT analysis of Taj Hotels. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.