Clinic Plus SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Clinic Plus: Clinic Plus is a brand of shampoo designed for young girls who want to grow long, healthy hair. Clinic Plus belongs to HUL and can give confidence to moms who struggle with issues with the air that they face with their daughters in their preteen years. Clinic Plus has a set of products that are suited to all types of hair, and can also solve many issues like dry, itchy scalp frizzy, and dry hair.
Clinic Plus claims to have milk protein as its primary ingredient, which improves your hair’s strength and helps prevent hair loss. The shampoo comes in three distinct variants: natural, anti-dandruff, and hair fall control. It also comes with an everyday care shampoo that is designed for people who would like to wash their hair regularly throughout the day. Clinic Plus Clinic Plus shampoo Clinic Plus is sold in India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines.
Clinic Plus fun facts: Clinic Plus was introduced in 1954 in the United Kingdom for the first time and by the end of 1959, the shampoo became available in eighteen countries across the globe.
About Clinic Plus – SWOT analysis of Clinic Plus
Company: Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL)
CEO: Sanjiv Mehta
Founder: Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL)
Year founded: 1988
Headquarters: Unilever House of Mumbai, Maharashtra
Annual Revenue: INR524 Crore
Profit | Net income: INR88 Crore
Number of employees: 18,000
Products & Services: Clinic Plus Strength & Shine with Egg Protein Shampoo | Clinic Plus Strong and Long Health Shampoo |
Clinic Plus Competitors
SWOT analysis of Clinic Plus – Clinic Plus SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Clinic Plus is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Clinic Plus evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Clinic Plus’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Clinic Plus.
Let’s talk about Clinic Plus’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Clinic Plus – Clinic Plus SWOT analysis
- Partnership with HUL: Hindustan Unilever offers a variety of products that have been successful in hair and skin care such as Dove, Sunsilk, Tresemme, etc. The solid background of the company lies in the research and development of products. research and the development of products that are knowledgeable.
- Solves the most common hair issues of the targeted segments: Clinic Plus has a range of products that are able to cater to all types of hair, and can also solve many issues like hair loss, dandruff hair that is dry, and frizzy. Clinic Plus claims to have milk protein as its primary ingredient, which improves hair strength and helps stop hair fall. This is almost a complete list of hair problems.
- Right to target: The haircare market is now more fragmented and every firm targets specific segments. The market segment targeted by Clinic Plus is pre-teen girls who suffer from a variety of hair issues. They are trying to reach them by targeting their mothers, who struggle to maintain their long hair. This is the perfect market for the brand and assures consistency.
- Advantage of the first mover: Clinic Plus is the first hair product released in the line of anti-dandruff products. It was actually one of the very first products to expose Indian moms to the idea of a shampoo that was anti-dandruff. This has always been for the brand’s benefit.
- Specifications: The shampoo Clinic Plus has been designed with a thorough knowledge of the hair washing routines for Indians. It is a custom for to Indians use oil before shampooing. Clinic Plus removes oil and gives a fresh scent after every wash. These characteristics have been the main reason for the rise in popularity of Clinic Plus.
- The right place: The positioning of Clinic Plus has been directed toward the correct issue. Clinic Plus is a brand that follows a need-based positioning. The need is that the brand addresses strong and healthy hair. Through slices-of-life advertisements that have mostly featured two mothers and daughters, the position has been effectively communicated to the target audience.
Weaknesses of Clinic Plus – SWOT Analysis Of Clinic Plus
- Change in position: HUL attempted to change its positioning attempt to position Clinic Plus as a shampoo in the category of premium and changed the packaging and color. But, customers were disinclined to accept the new look and sales dropped dramatically. The competition, such as Head & Shoulders from P & G took advantage of this omission.
- Inability to meet the needs of customers in rural areas: Though HUL through its extensive distribution network was able to deliver the customers in rural areas, however, their acceptance was not high because they were not aware of the necessity of shampoos for dandruff.
- Negative publicity for chemical products: Internet sources have led to a massive protest against the use of chemicals in hair and skin products for skin care. This has led to people choosing to use organic or ayurvedic shampoos, which has impacted the sales of the brand dramatically.
Opportunities of Clinic Plus – Clinic Plus SWOT analysis
- Massive market potential: The hair health market is full of growth opportunities hair problems and poor water quality. The areas in which potential growth is anticipated include hair fall prevention the scalp is dry, itchy as well as conditioning. These needs can be utilized to roll out new products.
- Male cosmetics: In India, it is evident that there has been an increase in men’s skincare and hair products care. While some companies sell shampoos specifically for men, they have not yet come up with a specific shampoo designed specifically for men who are in their teens.
Threats of Clinic Plus – SWOT analysis of Clinic Plus
- Competition: The primary competitor for Clinic Plus is Head & Shoulders, and Pantene. Loreal and Dove.
- Brand switching: The problem is that there are too many brand changes in the market for shampoo. Because of the variety, people continue to try new brands and remove existing brands behind.
- Customers’ cost of acquisition: Due to the change in the brand cost of customer acquisition is more expensive, which affects the bottom line. A lot of deals, as well as sale promotions, must be conducted in order to achieve acceptable profits.
You May Also Like:
- Macy’s SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Macy’s
- Under Armour SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Under Armour
- Hollister SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Hollister
- Schneider Electric SWOT analysis
- Wrangler SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Wrangler
Apart from the three main shampoo products, Clinic Plus also has its conditioner to ensure tangle-free silky hair with a creamy combination of almond oil and milk protein to fulfill the hair care requirement of consumers from all walks of life.
The Milk Protein formula for the new range of shampoos has introduced the tagline that whatever a daughter decides to achieve in life, the mother doesn’t have to worry because Clinic Plus won’t let them experience hair fall.
This is the SWOT analysis of Clinic Plus. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.