Pears Soap SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Pears Soap: Pears Soap which was manufactured for the first time in 1807 was among the first soaps that were transparent to be offered on the mass market. The soap that is currently controlled by HUL is the oldest and longest-running name soap on the planet. The soap has retained its name, design, and color. There was an outcry from the company that owns Unilever when it attempted to alter the appearance and the feeling of its brand, and even reposition the brand.
The soap which is composed of natural oils and glycerine can be used on all kinds of skin. It is sold in the original version under the brand name Soft & Gentle, a blue-colored version known as Soft & Fresh, and green colored version called Clear & Glow. A 75-gram bar of Pears Soap costs 36 rupees and there are larger sizes and trio packs of three bars each.
Pears Soap fun facts: From the early 20th century, Pears also organized a “Miss Pears” competition, in which parents entered their young daughters in the hope they would be became the new face of the brand.
About Pears Soap – SWOT analysis of Pears Soap
- 1 About Pears Soap – SWOT analysis of Pears Soap
- 2 Pears Soap Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Pears Soap – Pears Soap SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Pears Soap – Pears Soap SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Pears Soap – SWOT Analysis Of Pears Soap
- 6 Opportunities of Pears Soap – Pears Soap SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of Pears Soap – SWOT analysis of Pears Soap
[wp-svg-icons icon=”office” wrap=”I”] Company: Unilever
[wp-svg-icons icon=”user” wrap=”I”] CEO: Thomas J. Barratt
[wp-svg-icons icon=”user” wrap=”I”] Founder: Andrew Pears
[wp-svg-icons icon=”calendar” wrap=”I”] Year founded: 1807
[wp-svg-icons icon=”location-2″ wrap=”I”] Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
[wp-svg-icons icon=”users” wrap=”I”] Number of employees: 211
[wp-svg-icons icon=”pie” wrap=”i”] Products & Services: Pure & Gentle Bar Soaps | Pure & Gentle Body Wash | Pure & Gentle Hand Wash
[wp-svg-icons icon=”globe” wrap=”I”] Website: www.pearspuresince1807.com
Pears Soap Competitors
[wp-svg-icons icon=”pacman” wrap=”I”] Competitors: Doy Care Aloe vera | Savlon Soap | Dettol | Fiama Di Wills | Medimix
SWOT analysis of Pears Soap – Pears Soap SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Pears Soap is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Pears Soap evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Pears Soap’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Pears Soap.
Let’s talk about Pears Soap’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Pears Soap – Pears Soap SWOT analysis
- The story for the name: Pears Soap is a brand that has been around for over 200 years. The brand has continued to preserve its unique contents and unique characteristics. The unique scent of the soap is still present in all its splendor. This long history that the soap has allowed it to be accepted throughout the generations and is a household name.
- Its popularity: Being the oldest continuously operating soap brand and due to its presence in more than 210 countries around the globe, nearly everyone in the world has had the soap at a minimum once. This makes soap an extremely sought-after brand in the world.
- Glycerine: Andrew Pears created Pears as the world’s first soap by using natural oils and glycerine. to this day Pears are considered to be the best soap that contains glycerine. It is also regarded as the first soap that is transparent to be offered in large markets all over the world. Glycerine is believed to have many positive effects on the skin such as the removal of spots and acne. Additionally, it helps to give clearer, more smooth, and soft skin.
- Pure soap: Pears is one brand of soap that is transparent people are drawn to the transparent aspect of the soap with its purity. This connection has been reinforced through advertising along with promotional campaigns. This has enabled the company to boost its sales.
- Strategy for advertising: Pears have always been advertised as a soap that is gentle on the skin, and helps to make it soft and supple. In keeping with this position, Pears is always believed to rely on slice-of-life advertisements that depict the bond of emotion between the mother and the child to advertise the product.
- Different versions: For many years Pears was only available in one version that was like the original. However, over time the brand has suffered a drop in sales, and then after Unilever was acquired and added two additional varieties to the brand, a blue-colored version called Soft & Fresh and a green-colored one called Clear and Glow.
Weaknesses of Pears Soap – SWOT Analysis Of Pears Soap
- Repositioning: After Unilever took over Pears they attempted to alter the brand and reposition it. However, they were slammed by the fury of their customers and had to recall the changes, which cost the company a significant amount of dollars. The incident also resulted in the loss of the name of the customer’s goodwill.
- A low level of acceptance in the rural market: Through the highly extensive marketing channels of HUL the brand Pears is able to reach out to the most remote areas. However, it’s been discovered that the brand hasn’t had the necessary level of recognition for rural people mainly because it is thought of as an English soap due to its characteristics.
- Margins are low: Pears make use of natural oils and real glycerine as the main ingredients. Both cost a lot. Because of the increasing competition, the volume in sales of specific brands has declined and this has led to low margins for many brands like Pears.
Opportunities of Pears Soap – Pears Soap SWOT analysis
- Large market potential: It has a lot of potential in the soap market, for manufacturers who are identifying new requirements and forming new segments. These segments include pimple-free drying skin and anti-aging, and fairness soaps. Alongside this, soaps are expanding into shower gels, facial washes, and more. This opens up new possibilities for brands such as Pears.
Threats of Pears Soap – SWOT analysis of Pears Soap
- Competitors: The main competitor of Pears are Doy, Fiama Di Wills, and Medimix all of which have recently introduced soaps with transparent outlines.
You May Also Like:
- Cartier SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Cartier
- MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of MAC Cosmetics
- Mango SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Mango
- New Balance SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of New Balance
- Indigo SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Indigo
This is the SWOT analysis of Pears Soap. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”bubbles” wrap=”i”] Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.