Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts SWOT analysis: Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts is a hotel chain founded by Robert Kuok in 1979 in Hong Kong. The main selling point of Shangri La Hotels is the excellent service and the ambiance that is tranquil and serene.
The Hotel is comprised of acres of greengage, a lively and relaxed ambiance, beautiful gardens that have been beautifully maintained, as well as luxurious and spacious guest rooms. It is Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts have a network of approximately 358,000 rooms in Asia, Europe, America, the Middle East, and Australia.
Hotel chain Endorphina has significant future expansion plans. Their brand new projects include Australia mainland China, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Saudi Arabia, and Sri Lanka. The company has offices across the globe, including Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Singapore, Tokyo, Seoul, London, Los Angeles, New York, Sydney, and Dubai.
The company has been in touch with its customers and its partners through frequent flyer programs. It also has a frequent guest appreciation program – Golden Circle. The chain of hotels has an annual turnover of 2.56 million TTM and employs around 3000 employees.
Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts fun facts: Shangri-La was named after a city in Tibet, made famous by James Hilton, a British novelist, in his book Lost Horizon, which was published in 1939.
About Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – SWOT analysis of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts
Company: Shangri-La Asia Ltd.
CEO: Greg Dogan
Year founded: 23 April 1971, Hong Kong
Headquarters: Hong Kong
Annual Revenue: USD$453.5 million
Profit | Net income: USD$ 69.9 million
Number of employees: 217
Products & Services: Courier services, Valet and Laundry services, 24-hour room service, Express check-out and check-in options and a complimentary shoeshine service
Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts Competitors
Competitors: Accor Hotels | Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group | Ritz Carlton | The Leela Palaces | Kempinski Hotels | Swissôtel | The Peninsula | Four Seasons Hotels | Corinthia Hotels | Sofitel Boutique | Radisson Hotels | Starwood Hotels & Resorts
SWOT analysis of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts’ SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts.
Let’s talk about Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts’ SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts SWOT analysis
- Ambiance: Shangri-La Resorts and hotels are renowned for the ambiance and tranquil environment they offer their guests. They are surrounded by lush vegetation, and the spacious rooms and beautifully landscaped exteriors offer a refreshing experience to business travelers who typically remain in run-of-the-mill corporate hotels.
- The Business Principle: The corporate philosophy and values of the Shangri-La Group are centered around fundamental Asian ethics like humility respect, courtesy, respect generosity, selflessness, and most importantly honesty. These values guarantee that guests receive a great deal of respect and concern and the most importance is placed on high-quality service.
- Services: Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts is renowned for their top service and the customers receive a lot of individual attention. The design in the dining room is regal and the architecture is inspiring and the quality of service is constant across its properties.
- Customer loyalty program: The visitors who frequent Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts have frequent guest recognition programs known as the Golden Circle which accumulates loyalty points for frequent customers on every single visit. These points can be redeemed to enjoy a range of benefits, such as upgrading rooms and free stays, as well as luxury customized meals. These programs have helped to build a loyal customer base.
- Unique characteristics: Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts features a range of distinct elements, including the waterfall at the Shangri-La Hotel in Singapore, innovative features for play and work at the Traders Hotel, and Kerry Hotels on the waterfront of Kowloon, etc.
- Luxury Facilities: The hotels have 24-hour butlers, foreign currency counters, rooftop pools that overlook stunning scenery, cabanas for pool massages waterfront, etc.
- Effective branding communications method: Quite unlike competitors who used amenities and features to attract consumers, Shangri-La Hotels & resorts employed an emotional appeal. The hotel chain relies on campaign advertisements to promote promotion and a majority of their advertising campaigns are closely tied to nature and offer a sense of escape from loneliness and the proximity to luxury.
Weaknesses of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – SWOT Analysis Of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts
- Plans for expansion: Shangri-La Hotels have been expanding to all corners of the globe and have established a number of hotels, not only across Asia but as well in other areas of the globe. In keeping with the image, this hotel is investing in significant infrastructure development that cost them a lot.
- Ethical issues: Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts have been involved in a number of controversial animal welfare issues recently. One of the most recent was when the hotel was put under scrutiny for killing cats in a nearby park.
- Maintenance costs are high: The hotel has a large amount of attention paid to the upkeep of the facilities and amenities that are top of the line. The hotel also has training for their staff regularly and is an increase in cost.
Opportunities of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts SWOT analysis
- Changes in market Trends: These trends within the hospitality industry are changing. Customers are more demanding but are willing be willing to shell out more cash for premium services. This means that hotels paying more attention to individual services could charge higher prices for their services.
Threats of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – SWOT analysis of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts
- Contest: The main competitors of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts are Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Hilton, Wyndham Worldwide, and Intercontinental Hotels.
You May Also Like:
- Cartier SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Cartier
- MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of MAC Cosmetics
- Mango SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Mango
- New Balance SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of New Balance
- Indigo SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Indigo
Now Shangri La Hotels And Resorts Achieving Service Leadership has kept the consumers’ demands and requirements and supplied healthier alternatives to their consumers. Shangri La Hotels And Resorts Achieving Service Leadership is a worldwide company which is broadened its high numbers of strengths. Due to the strong brand name equity, the Shangri La Hotels And Resorts Achieving Service Leadership has built-in previous years of offering quality products and amazing services is constantly pressing the business to stay strong and hold a good position and track record in the market.
This is the SWOT analysis of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.