Sensodyne SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Sensodyne: Sensodyne is a name oral health product that is manufactured by Glaxo SmithKline Beecham and caters to a specific problem that is quite common among teens today sensitive gums and sensitive teeth. Sensodyne does more than just shield patients who have sensitive teeth, but provides long-term relief for the issue, as well as long-term protection against the effects of tooth sensitivity and cavities.
The most popular versions of Sensodyne include Sensodyne Whitening, Sensodyne Deep Clean, Sensodyne Fresh Gel, Sensodyne Rapid Relief, Sensodyne Repair, Save, Sensodyne Fresh Mint, etc. Alongside dental floss, Sensodyne offers specially-designed toothbrushes designed for sensitive teeth.
Sensodyne is a major success in the space of a few years. Currently, it is estimated to be worth 150 crores Indian rupees in the Indian oral health care market which is a remarkable accomplishment for a company that has an extremely specific need. Globally Sensodyne is estimated at an estimated market worth of 4.3 million euros and a part of 9.4 percent of the market for oral health.
Sensodyne fun facts: Sensodyne’s product range can help you select which toothpaste is best for your sensitive teeth. Sensodyne toothpastes with potassium nitrate or with stannous fluoride provide protection teeth sensitivity when you brush twice a day, every day.
About Sensodyne – SWOT analysis of Sensodyne
- 1 About Sensodyne – SWOT analysis of Sensodyne
- 2 Sensodyne Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Sensodyne – Sensodyne SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Sensodyne – Sensodyne SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Sensodyne – SWOT Analysis Of Sensodyne
- 6 Opportunities of Sensodyne – Skoda SWOT analysis Sensodyne
- 7 Threats of Sensodyne – SWOT analysis of Sensodyne
[wp-svg-icons icon=”office” wrap=”I”] Company: GSK
[wp-svg-icons icon=”user” wrap=”I”] CEO: Leonard N. Block
[wp-svg-icons icon=”user” wrap=”I”] Founder: Alexander Block
[wp-svg-icons icon=”calendar” wrap=”I”] Year founded: 1961
[wp-svg-icons icon=”location-2″ wrap=”I”] Headquarters: Jersey City, New Jersey
[wp-svg-icons icon=”stats” wrap=”I”] Annual Revenue: USD$750 million
[wp-svg-icons icon=”bars” wrap=”i”] Profit | Net income: USD$107 million
[wp-svg-icons icon=”users” wrap=”I”] Number of employees: 3,844
[wp-svg-icons icon=”pie” wrap=”i”] Products & Services: Sensitivity & Gum toothbrush and toothpaste
[wp-svg-icons icon=”globe” wrap=”I”] Website: www.sensodyne.com
[wp-svg-icons icon=”pacman” wrap=”I”] Competitors: Pepsodent | Colgate Sensitive | Close up | Aquafresh | Crest
SWOT analysis of Sensodyne – Sensodyne SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Sensodyne is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Sensodyne evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Sensodyne’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Sensodyne.
Let’s talk about Sensodyne’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Sensodyne – Sensodyne SWOT analysis
- The company has achieved success in its market segmentation: Sensodyne caters to those who have difficulty experiencing very cold or hot food due to sensitive gums and teeth. The main advantage of the brand is the ease with which it could identify the need that was not being met in a highly competitive oral health market.
- Large range of products collection: Though Sensodyne primarily addresses sensitivity issues, however, the brand has more general categories that focus on other issues related to oral health, such as the whitening of teeth. breath from the mouth, cavity and gum recession, and so on. This has led to numerous Sensodyne variations like Sensodyne Whitening, Sensodyne Deep Clean, Sensodyne Fresh Gel, Sensodyne Rapid Relief, Sensodyne Repair & Protect, Sensodyne Fresh Mint, and more.
- The Benefit position: Sensodyne has been effectively marketed with regard to its practical benefits such as sensitivity protection, and total oral health. Instead of just promoting the product, GSK focused on first informing customers about the issue and presenting Sensodyne to offer a remedy to the issue by insisting on the benefits it could bring to solve the issue. This strategy was the main reason for the expansion and popularity.
- Buy-in from experts: During the initial phase of the introduction of Sensodyne the majority of customers were unaware of the issue known as sensitive gums. As a result, people were not sure about purchasing sensitive toothpaste. But, GSK was able to overcome the fears of its customers by calling dentists and other oral care specialists to prove the advantages of the brand.
- The complete package: Sensodyne can be described as the complete solution for sensitive teeth because it includes not just toothpaste, but also toothbrushes specially designed to treat sensitive teeth. It also covers three aspects of oral health, namely important care, advanced care, and specialist care, thereby filling any gaps that exist in this sector.
Weaknesses of Sensodyne – SWOT Analysis Of Sensodyne
- Customer Perception: Customers frequently view Sensodyne as toothpaste for gums and teeth that are sensitive and believe that it won’t be capable of addressing other aspects of oral hygiene such as odor control or cavities. Even though Sensodyne attempts to inform customers that it addresses other issues related to oral health, it hasn’t been at convincing them to buy it even in the present.
- Product for medical use: The first marketing strategy and position, and the white, pristine packaging of Sensodyne made it appear to the public as a medicine that was intended to be used only after the diagnosis of a physician revealed such problems. It gave the impression that Sensodyne could only be only for those who had sensitivity issues with their toothpaste.
Opportunities of Sensodyne – Skoda SWOT analysis Sensodyne
- Increase in the segment of sensitivity: Till the point that Sensidyne actually came up with a successful awareness campaign about dental sensitivity and sensitive gums consumers across the world were unaware of the issue. However, with the efficient marketing techniques of the company, awareness of the issue has increased from 17 percent to 35 percent in two years. The market size estimated for sensitivity products is approximately 1 billion dollars currently.
Threats of Sensodyne – SWOT analysis of Sensodyne
- Unhappy feelings about chemicals: The key ingredient in Sensodyne is Novamin and, through clinical trials, has proven that it’s suitable for consumption. However, many however, people remain cautious about the ingestion of harmful chemicals in toothpaste.
You May Also Like:
- SWOT Analysis of Deloitte – Deloitte SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Dyson – Dyson SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Emirates – Emirates SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Foodpanda – Foodpanda SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis of Voot – Voot SWOT Analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Sensodyne. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”bubbles” wrap=”i”] Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.